Lounge - March 2013 (Page 3)

Strata Tips

So I am going to take the strata certification test soon, (and then the a+) and was wondering if anyone had any tips before i take it?
[2 replies] Last: is the a+ certification test worth it? (by DeXecipher)
PDF open --> print dialog

I made a little page about quick divisibility rules (to easily determine whether a number is divisible by, say seven, or nine), and it is supposed to be printab...
[no replies]
Cant acces my flash drive?

I recently started learing Java and made myself a little program, but I was on vacation and I copied the program into my flash drive and I cant open it. Help! ...
[18 replies] Last: So this is where you people go to get all the stupid stuff out of you... (by ModShop)
Are computer programmers smart? (1,2)

So I am doing a study in my B.A. degree in psychology, and it seems many societies coin computer programmers, or any person who works with computers to be "smar...
[27 replies] Last: Just have good memory. (by BHX)
Bonding

I read this today and thought it was cute: class Ball : Throwable {}; class P { public: P* Target; P () {} P (P* target) { this->Target = target; ...
[5 replies] Last: @ Disch The stack overflow represents the child's bordome with the gam... (by Stewbond)
by Syntax
C++ job question

Hi I want to learn computer science on my own But not sure what books i need?I was thinking of get a C++ job down the road and not sure you have to take a te...
[6 replies] Last: I know what you mean now:) thanks (by Syntax)
Making a program which understands English

I'm trying to make a command line program which keeps recording what I type and answer questions whenever I ask them (questions will be detected by the user typ...
[8 replies] Last: Well I'm not good at french. I haven't studied its grammar much. It is... (by eklavya sharma 2)
Frozen Throne Upkeep

im warcraft 3 the frozen throne, and i hit a snag. i keep seeing high upkeep and its not letting me make troops. how do i lower the upkeep
[4 replies] Last: There are three levels of upkeep in WC3. No, low, and high (names coul... (by ResidentBiscuit)
web development new york

Web development is at the top of everything we do.We are sharp about using our strength in technology to help boost your site online.We offer quality profession...
[no replies]
Someday.... (1,2,3)

Someday, when I'm friggin loaded, I'm going to hire freshman computer science undergrads to follow me around and transcribe everything I say and then manually p...
[47 replies] Last: I really don't hate america though guys, well americans always manage ... (by devonrevenge)
connecting to the lenovo ftp server

I need to massivley download drivers, but the only way would be to use the ftp server. however, i need to create an account to access it. would anyone know wher...
[3 replies] Last: because i need to update a project not an os (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Limerick...

There was a man from Australia Who painted his arse like a dahlia The shape was just fine The colour divine But the smell was a total failure.
[6 replies] Last: I once tried reading a file which was too malicious and vile but I got... (by eklavya sharma 2)
Doesn't it just hurt your eyes... (1,2,3,4,5)

Doesn't it just hurt your eyes when you see code written like int main(){ std::cout << "O Hai Thar"; return 0; } How can anyone stand put...
[89 replies] Last: Oh, right... But then this is a notation of your own, isn't it? The re... (by hamsterman)
Thinking of making a programming language.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of making a programming language and then making a batch IDE. This might take weeks, 2 months tops. Reply below.
[8 replies] Last: @Thumper My freshman year of college they used a very simplified lang... (by Cheraphy)
MS in Computer Science, Statement of Purpose (1,2,3)

Hello everybody, I would like to apply for a master's degree in computer science at NYU (part-time) and I was wondering what the best statement of purpose sh...
[45 replies] Last: Wait, so several users think colleges fail to teach the skills needed ... (by BHX)
What do you Love About the Rasberry Pi? (1,2)

I would like to know what you love about the Rasberry Pi. If you don't know what a Rasberry Pi is,go to this website: http://www.raspberrypi.org/ I love just a...
[32 replies] Last: well that would be a short loop (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Heart of the Swarm

So I just finished the campaign and LOVED IT. I'm already fiending for the next one :( [/END Of Pointless Post]
[3 replies] Last: Heard of it once, went to website, quit because it cost money :P (by greenleaf800073)
Batch Programmer URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Hello. I'm making a text based adventure game in batch, and its going really well. But I ran into a problem. If you try to input with space, it closes. But I h...
[3 replies] Last: Batch... Game... Ohhh what is the world coming to... I do agree that ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Is this legal? A good idea, perhaps?

Okay, so I was thinking about, as a business, buying very cheap motherboards/printed circuit boards, pre-installing them with a free Linux distro operating syst...
[1 reply] : Legally, I can't comment. However, practically, I can tell you that p... (by Thumper)
Questions about memory usage of programs

Let's say the .exe file of a program is 480 kb.When you run the program,does it use about 480kb of memory? Functions use memory,variables use memory,objects us...
[11 replies] Last: The whole sparsity of the executable ready format is usually parsed/ch... (by popapushamov)
March 2013 Pages: 12345... 8
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.