Lounge - March 2013 (Page 4)

Questions about memory usage of programs

Let's say the .exe file of a program is 480 kb.When you run the program,does it use about 480kb of m...
[11 replies] Last: The whole sparsity of the executable ready format is usually parsed/ch... (by popapushamov)
Some general questions about computer science....

1.How does the CPU know what/where to write the bytes to the system bus or memory mapped region to s...
[5 replies] Last: Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the GPU handle most of this? T... (by popapushamov)
Why I love C++ (1,2)

I've spent the last few days programming in assembly for a 68000 chip and now I'm all sentimental ov...
[26 replies] Last: ^ Agreed. I wouldn't want to be managing memory in an FP language, it ... (by chrisname)
Platform Abstraction

Is there a standard way??? If so, then what is the standard way, in your experience that softwares a...
[7 replies] Last: @Zereo I appreciate the words of encouragement, thanks. I was coding m... (by DeXecipher)
partitioning the windows os

so i was going to try out windows programming for a while and wiped my terabyte harddrive. but i mis...
[no replies]
Why people are stupid with computers....

looks like someone is pissed about their buying decision and has made a troll account to just to pos...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=DeXecipher]looks like op deleted his post. lol. Its best to quo... (by Grey Wolf)
What audio creation software do you guys use?

I found this -> yesterday and I just can't stop playing with it. BTW, kudos to those who can reco...
[no replies]
by LB
Audio techniques

I've been thinking about sound. It's possible to add sound together, right? So why is it so seldom s...
[10 replies] Last: Theoretically it should be possible to factor out X to some reasonabl... (by Disch)
by Bahama
Check out my 6502 Assembly source for a cool game! :D

I wrote all of this just in my plain old 64-bit text editor on Windows 7 today; it took me almost si...
[6 replies] Last: Can you put game onto mediafire.com? Can't go to filedropper... (by greenleaf800073)
boot into recovery on android

so i have an htc desire hd, and i upgraded it to jelly bean (idk what it was before). before i did s...
[1 reply] : nvr mnd (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Web development languages?

So i have an idea of making a website for Meme quizzes... I know c++ and some java already but i...
[8 replies] Last: If you're looking to parse a file on the server you'll want to use P... (by ModShop)
Weed (1,2,3,4,5,6)

Well, the studies are out, it decreases short term memory and will drop your IQ up to 8 points. I us...
[103 replies] Last: Strange that no-one would think to put that on the Wikipedia page. ... (by SIK)
writing viruses to a rescue disc?

so before anyone thinks im making viruses, i downloaded this linux iso meant to be used as a rescue ...
[5 replies] Last: it was called boot_rescue_disc i found it on source forge (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
development of arrays?

so i understand the value of keeping built-in arrays in c++, for things like compatibilty with old s...
[14 replies] Last: Lol, I don't like to see people unnecessarily suffer... sometimes :p... (by ModShop)
dell inspirion drivers?

im running a dell inspirion 1440 with windows 7 which originally had vista. somehow my graphics driv...
[5 replies] Last: and anyways there is the possibilty that i had missed something so i f... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
I hate mass effect 3 ending, and why do people think AI is dangerous? that's stupid

Im seriously disappointed with the ending of mass effect 3. For those that don't know it the whole ...
[5 replies] Last: Oria, I think we may be separated twins lol (by ResidentBiscuit)
Ancient aliens

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1303/1303.1845.pdf What do you think?
[9 replies] Last: @Framework, Zereo If they manage to reach us, then they must be waaaaa... (by chrisname)
Meeting C++ 2013 - Call for Papers

Hello C++ Community! This years Meeting C++ conference has been announced yesterday, it is again ...
[no replies]
has anyone done this source forge project yet?

i was browsing through source forge when i came across this. has anyone done it? is it for real? ht...
[1 reply] : Haven't tried it but looks like every other bootloader out there. And ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
CMAKE help

im running cmake to set up sfml, but its giving me errors. i cant find anything wrong with the line ...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.10/cmake.html#section_Generators (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
March 2013 Pages: 123456... 8
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.