Lounge - March 2013 (Page 7)

"Subscribe" to a post

I thought of a nice addition to this site if it isn't already an option that I missed. Could someone add the option to "subscribe" to a post so that your accoun...
[2 replies] Last: That's perfect, It seamed like such a good option that I figured I was... (by newbieg)
Keyboard Error 0211 - Win98 HP

Hello. I have a Windows 98 HP Pavilion 8380 Desktop. I have the mouse and keyboard that goes with it. When I start it up, I get the title screen and then I get ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks guys! I might try that if the new keyboard doesn't work. (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
encryption

i want to get into encryption. anyone know any tutorials? please dont suggest this sight because ive already looked at it
[4 replies] Last: Bruce Schneier site: http://www.schneier.com/cryptography.html (by closed account z05DSL3A)
LZW v.5: need testing and code review

I'm finally close to adding the optimized version 5 to the article. If you find any bugs, or have suggestions for improving it, let me know. Thanks. Source...
[no replies]
HGL - a graphics language (1,2)

Hi, it just began as prove of concept, but now I would like to continue on an personal project, since it slowly gets quite usable. It is a "programming langua...
[35 replies] Last: No, not blogging, no announcement for HGL, but an invitation for devel... (by closed account D4S8vCM9)
Funniest programming job you've had? (1,2)

I was in my health class which is online, I was ahead so I pulled out my laptop and started coding. My health teacher had noticed a girl that had just been play...
[26 replies] Last: My mom said when things die there's a special place they go. When thr... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
by Disch
Looking for good ringtone ideas

Title says it all. I am looking for recommendations for good ringtones / text message alert sounds. My requirements are simple (but hard to fulfill): 1) ...
[14 replies] Last: dj food turtle soup the bit in nba jam on sega when someone goes 'ah-... (by devonrevenge)
I'm worried that my nasally voice is "off putting" to some people - what to do?

I have a very obvious nasal tone to my voice. I feel like such a geek/nerd/weirdo when I talk; I've always felt this way, just repressed it, but it is often ...
[9 replies] Last: I will drill a bigger hole in your face, I have tranquilizer and a sta... (by devonrevenge)
Need a good book on Python

Hello all, As the title says, I need a book that is decent in explaining Python, yet on Amazon.com there are so very many to choose from... So I was wonderin...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, just realized my post thanking you never finalized. So although it... (by hellfire1)
by rcast
Form 8863 Education Credit - No return yet!!

Has anybody else who's filed a 8863 education credit form with their taxes, here in America, received their tax return money yet? I filed my taxes January 22...
[2 replies] Last: Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provid... (by rcast)
Does anyone else find operating system development to be hard?

I just can't gather the resources, required knowledge, nor skill to actually begin this huge jump. I've read dozens of articles and tutorials, but it eventuall...
[11 replies] Last: There was a realy basic start for the raspberry pi, it starts the whol... (by devonrevenge)
My LZW article so far...

http://cplusplus.com/articles/iL18T05o/ I need feedback, constructive criticism, and the like. I'm particularly interested in ways to simplify and shorten...
[5 replies] Last: Wonderful article. (by xander333)
Doom

How much effort would it take to make a doom-type game? In addition, I wonder how hard (In your opinion) would it be for me to learn OpenGL?
[12 replies] Last: Actually, this same process lead me to learn C++ Altogether. Thanks fo... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Why Can't we Have Anything Nice?

Well, the title says it all. A perfect example of this is my "Paper Gun" thread. We simply can't have anything nice without it turning into a political debate. ...
[14 replies] Last: What do you expect? If you post on a forum, a place designed for peop... (by MrHutch)
If one were to get a programming job without a degree....

-What do you think that person would need to know inside and out? -What do you think that person would need to know how to do to show that they are just as goo...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=cire]Go to college and get a degree. You know all those people ... (by BHX)
Need help with a monitor mounting solution.

Looking for a semi cheap monitor mounting system that can hold three monitors that are up to 27" in a special way. This is what I have for a office setup that I...
[2 replies] Last: Actually I have found one finally which is very cheap actually http://... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Now that new compilers have c++11 on these days can we get a good tutorial on it on this site?

I'm actually in the process of looking for books under £10 on amazon and ebay, but I never come across tutorials as simple and clear as the one here, If they d...
[7 replies] Last: Sometimes people report posts to get twicker's attention. There was o... (by cire)
Paper Guns (1,2,3,4,5,6)

These are crazy, at first I thought these were simple blowguns, but then I saw... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rCqEA4HeEc&list=UUhHWSD3VTFPs32PYzIzFpUw&ind...
[108 replies] Last: Ha. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Bachelor's degree in Programming (1,2)

Okay, I have been thinking this through for months now and I'm finally coming down to asking the Cplusplus community. I am currently enrolled at Southwestern Mi...
[22 replies] Last: Game AI often does not have anything to do with CS AI. Usually it is j... (by rapidcoder)
can someone talk me through understanding this basic bash tutorial

Hey im trying to work out how this returns different things, im not familliar with the brackets in brackets in the if statment (if what exactly?) the ';' and 't...
[11 replies] Last: yeah, its a little cryptic (by devonrevenge)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 5678
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.