Lounge - March 2013 (Page 7)

by geran6
Text system for a game

Are there any good tutorials on creating a text system for games? Or better yet has anyone on these ...
[9 replies] Last: Well most people make their own bitmaps/pcx/ttf fonts for their games ... (by BHX)
"Subscribe" to a post

I thought of a nice addition to this site if it isn't already an option that I missed. Could someone...
[2 replies] Last: That's perfect, It seamed like such a good option that I figured I was... (by newbieg)
Keyboard Error 0211 - Win98 HP

Hello. I have a Windows 98 HP Pavilion 8380 Desktop. I have the mouse and keyboard that goes with it...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks guys! I might try that if the new keyboard doesn't work. (by usandfriends)
encryption

i want to get into encryption. anyone know any tutorials? please dont suggest this sight because ive...
[4 replies] Last: Bruce Schneier site: http://www.schneier.com/cryptography.html (by Grey Wolf)
LZW v.5: need testing and code review

I'm finally close to adding the optimized version 5 to the article. If you find any bugs, or have s...
[no replies]
HGL - a graphics language (1,2)

Hi, it just began as prove of concept, but now I would like to continue on an personal project, sin...
[35 replies] Last: No, not blogging, no announcement for HGL, but an invitation for devel... (by closed account D4S8vCM9)
Funniest programming job you've had? (1,2)

I was in my health class which is online, I was ahead so I pulled out my laptop and started coding. ...
[26 replies] Last: My mom said when things die there's a special place they go. When thr... (by Filiprei)
by Disch
Looking for good ringtone ideas

Title says it all. I am looking for recommendations for good ringtones / text message alert sounds....
[14 replies] Last: dj food turtle soup the bit in nba jam on sega when someone goes 'ah-... (by devonrevenge)
I'm worried that my nasally voice is "off putting" to some people - what to do?

I have a very obvious nasal tone to my voice. I feel like such a geek/nerd/weirdo when I talk; I'...
[9 replies] Last: I will drill a bigger hole in your face, I have tranquilizer and a sta... (by devonrevenge)
Need a good book on Python

Hello all, As the title says, I need a book that is decent in explaining Python, yet on Amazon.co...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, just realized my post thanking you never finalized. So although it... (by hellfire1)
by rcast
Form 8863 Education Credit - No return yet!!

Has anybody else who's filed a 8863 education credit form with their taxes, here in America, receive...
[2 replies] Last: Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provid... (by rcast)
Does anyone else find operating system development to be hard?

I just can't gather the resources, required knowledge, nor skill to actually begin this huge jump. ...
[11 replies] Last: There was a realy basic start for the raspberry pi, it starts the whol... (by devonrevenge)
My LZW article so far...

http://cplusplus.com/articles/iL18T05o/ I need feedback, constructive criticism, and the like. ...
[5 replies] Last: Wonderful article. (by xander333)
Doom

How much effort would it take to make a doom-type game? In addition, I wonder how hard (In your opin...
[12 replies] Last: Actually, this same process lead me to learn C++ Altogether. Thanks fo... (by Fredbill 30)
Why Can't we Have Anything Nice?

Well, the title says it all. A perfect example of this is my "Paper Gun" thread. We simply can't hav...
[14 replies] Last: What do you expect? If you post on a forum, a place designed for peop... (by iHutch105)
If one were to get a programming job without a degree....

-What do you think that person would need to know inside and out? -What do you think that person wo...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=cire]Go to college and get a degree. You know all those people ... (by BHX)
Need help with a monitor mounting solution.

Looking for a semi cheap monitor mounting system that can hold three monitors that are up to 27" in ...
[2 replies] Last: Actually I have found one finally which is very cheap actually http://... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Now that new compilers have c++11 on these days can we get a good tutorial on it on this site?

I'm actually in the process of looking for books under £10 on amazon and ebay, but I never come acr...
[7 replies] Last: Sometimes people report posts to get twicker's attention. There was o... (by cire)
Paper Guns (1,2,3,4,5,6)

These are crazy, at first I thought these were simple blowguns, but then I saw... https://www.youtu...
[108 replies] Last: Ha. (by Fredbill 30)
Bachelor's degree in Programming (1,2)

Okay, I have been thinking this through for months now and I'm finally coming down to asking the Cpl...
[22 replies] Last: Game AI often does not have anything to do with CS AI. Usually it is j... (by rapidcoder)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 5678
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.