Lounge - March 2015

Entry level jobs?

How does one find an entry level job in computer science? I certainly do not have 3-5 years of experience which I commonly see. I don't even have 1 year. How...
[7 replies] Last: One way to build up experience is through doing work for hire - post i... (by jheard901)
An RPG Game for You

I had a little wee bit of spare time to make something since I didn't have any coding work for the week from my AI classes, so I came up with this text-based co...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, sorry I didn't realize that period got attached to the link. Fixed... (by jheard901)
Please help me study for my test

Data analysis, Probability, Statistics, ad Discrete Math 1)Mary has 6 red marbles and 3 blue marbles in a jar picking randomly. A)She picks 2 ...
[1 reply] : This is all straight-up, simple probabilities, a la secondary school. ... (by Duthomhas)
My Monitors and keyboard are not getting power?

Here is the story: I was cleaning my room today, and decided to dust my computer for the first time in six months. Well, sure enough, it was filled with dust. I...
[5 replies] Last: Trying to figure out what the issue is can be difficult. I would sugge... (by NoXzema)
Whois dorin651?

I have been offered a job three times over the past two days by this spammer, how do we report to admin about spam pm?
[8 replies] Last: He/she tendered an apology http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/jobs/160753/ (by OxBADC0DE)
VERY IMPORTANT qUESTION

: Calculate cos(x) The function cos(x) can be calculated using the following Taylor series expansion: cos(x)=1-x^2/2!+x^4/4!-x^6/6!+x^8/8! .... and so on...
[2 replies] Last: @tarikneaj Okay. But to clear things out im new in programming + i j... (by seema96)
What level of mathematics do you think should be required for a computer science major?

At the moment I am taking pre calculus and the most "advanced" mathematics that i am planning on taking is calculus 3. Do you think i should take more advanced ...
[3 replies] Last: Discrete mathematics will be very good, in fact I would argue it is th... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Rizary
About security software engineer career

Hello all, I want to ask few things. But before that, i want to let you know that currently i still in bachelor degree program (year 1). And i am looking to ...
[no replies]
What are you listening to?

-Please keep it clean lads, two reportings isn't good. One of them, I have no idea why it was reported but I guess it could have been an accident. Thanks.- ----...
[13 replies] Last: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4EW8m0k2SI The song is 3 minutes lon... (by Geranimo)
How do you pronounce "Lua"? (1,2)

Is it LOO-ah? (I want to start learning Lua, but I want to make sure I'm saying it right first.)
[31 replies] Last: Ah, thanks for that RB - I'd have looked myself but I was short on tim... (by LB)
What are some techniques to creating a API of another program?

Actually, from a site. It plays Flash Videos and I want to create a C API. I must analyze the site structure and somehow get the Flash Download (well, I didn't ...
[5 replies] Last: I haven't worked too much with the Chrome Native Client API NaCl (why ... (by Computergeek01)
So I've been learning Git... (1,2)

Which has been pretty fun actually, but I've started a collection of Git jokes. Many of which being about the Fork feature. Examples including "Fork? I'd ra...
[20 replies] Last: Oh, and tag ! You're all git! (by closed account 2LzbRXSz)
loops

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { int x, y, tempL, tempR, middle; cout << "Ple...
[3 replies] Last: beginner: people new to programming and or c++ windows: windows specif... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Can someone please tell me how to post code on this website

I have a question and a code that I would like to post but I don't know how to post the code part. Am I stupid or do you just type in the code?
[3 replies] Last: You are 100% allowed to post stuff in the lounge. I worded that in pos... (by Danny Toledo)
Offline CPLUSPLUS.COM Manual. . .

Hello, is there any CPLUSPLUS.COM's offline complete reservoir available in any possible form? PDF/EPUB or in form an application etc? If yes, please share. Th...
[5 replies] Last: There is a pdf of the old tutorials. http://www.cplusplus.com/files/... (by giblit)
Design Help (CSS)

If anyone has the time and would like to add another item to their open source portfolio, I could really use some design advice / help on my github.io project t...
[1 reply] : I don't know an awful lot about good design. But I do know that lines ... (by Lachlan Easton)
What is differences between hostings?

Hello to everyone, I guess It's a right place to ask. Сurrently think what to choose for hosting my web-site. I used GoDaddy which is not so good. I had poor c...
[3 replies] Last: yes :3 im too tired. i shouldnt be posting (by Little Bobby Tables)
by Aceix
Active maths forums

hey y'all i need to join an active maths forum any recommendations? and a science one too. Aceix.
[6 replies] Last: physicsforum.com has an unbelievable math section. (by leo255)
Bypassing Anti-cheat systems

So I want to look into building a custom, extremely simplified version of Cheat Engine that may hopefully be able to bypass some anti-cheat systems by using lim...
[5 replies] Last: Do you think it would be possible to perform static disassembly on the... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Pi Day (1,2)

Well, I can't believe no one has posted this yet, but http://www.tauday.com/ Anyway, we ate Shepherd's Pie for dinner to celebrate the wrong day. (I ma...
[27 replies] Last: Now you are being rude and using the oldest stupid verbiage trick in ... (by ezchgg)
March 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [feb2015] [apr2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.