Lounge - March 2016

Help me pls

Create a program that encrypts a plain text into a cipher text and decrypts a cipher text into a plain text via an encryption/decryption key. The program prov...
[4 replies] Last: @OP: Here you go. You have my full permission to use it ( not that you... (by Computergeek01)
Determining Closest City to Geoposition in O(1)

For an assignment I have I need to parse a list of all the cities in the world, store it however I please and provide a method that can determine the closest ci...
[6 replies] Last: @helios: That's beautiful! I came up with a similar concept to Voronoi... (by ModShop)
LB -- Tabs vs Spaces

Was browsing and came across this (http://www.lb-stuff.com/tabs) which I think is written by someone here, anyways he quoted a bunch of people so I figured I'd ...
[5 replies] Last: in the end, it doesn't really matter if you use spaces or the wrong on... (by nchambers)
Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015 and the Win32 API

<rant on> Several months ago I upgraded to Visual Studio 2015, after years of mucking around with VS 6. Long before I upgraded from Win98 to Win 7/Win 10. ...
[9 replies] Last: You also may have an issue with older code and internal string represe... (by JagerDesu)
Renderhell

Found something interesting whenever looking up how Render Passes worked in Vulkan: https://simonschreibt.de/gat/renderhell/ It seems to be an entertaining v...
[no replies]
Chat app?

Hey, it could be a bit off topic but since I am a member and I believe there will be some people who experienced this already I will ask it anyway. Well, I ...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=Chervil]It is very definite spam Almost as annoying as the Pa... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
loop

I am a newbie in here can you help me the situation is like this. i have program that i want to go back from the start that use DO LOOp help me tnx.
[1 reply] : The correct place for this is the "Beginners" section. This code uses... (by Moschops)
What do you guys think of this video I made for C++?

I was wondering what you guys think of this video I made for c++ pretty the basics of a program. Be straight up with me, I'm open to all criticism and call me o...
[no replies]
So how was your first c++ paycheck? What did you do?

~~~
[no replies]
Make One Million Dollars in 90 Days

Since I believe most C++ programmers are the smartest people in the world. I have a challenge for you. If you had to make $1,000,000 dollars in 90 days and ...
[6 replies] Last: ahahah I remember Robocop, it was awesome yes but it still a good mov... (by pagare)
Recommend some advanced Math textbook

So I'm ~16 now and want to try competitive programming (in future of course). So I realise that I really need to know some advanced Math. I already know the ba...
[4 replies] Last: tition, Thank you! Does the preview have all the pages? Because it doe... (by ephraimr)
Making a Video Game

Hello Everyone! I am deciding what I should do to make a game, Unity or a web browser using JavaScript? Any suggestions would be nice to what I should use a...
[5 replies] Last: You can get a nice platform game like Super Mario Bros made pretty qui... (by moorecm)
by kind9
Is it just me or does the post preview sometimes not work?

The preview is just empty...
[1 reply] : When creating a new post the preview feature is FUBAR. Add a reply to... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
China is preparing for WW3!? BS or the Truth?

Let me know what you guys think the American government claims they have found a base with nuclear warheads, nuclear bunkers and army barracks in the ocean clos...
[8 replies] Last: I know a lot of stuff on the internet is not real, but Americas govern... (by RGB 455)
by kind9
Are wide-character strings not as important on *nix as on Windows?

The windows API is implemented using unicode strings internally and Microsoft recommends always using unicode strings in windows applications. After some bri...
[4 replies] Last: More like 35 30 20 B0 C2 46 00 Oh right, I forgot about the endianes... (by plexus)
by Aceix
true and false in C

All along I've been using the true and false statements in both C(and C++), thinking they are part of the core language(I still love to think they are). I r...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks (by Aceix)
C++ or Java?

I know this question is asked a lot, but I really want to know. I started to learn C++ but have had my doubts. This forum may be a bit biased but I don't know w...
[11 replies] Last: If you're going to make games, you should look into graphics libraries... (by Dissimulation)
by kind9
What's a good way of storing game level data?

I'm working on a little tile map engine and so far i'm defining all the objects programatically, so now i'm considering how to store them on disk. I have fou...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks again everyone. I really enjoy JSON :) (by kind9)
Where to go after???

So I'm currently doing this program for C++ called sololearn. It's a free app for iphones and goes over C++ basics. I'm gonna finish the course in the next w...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, I'll look into those and see which I feel most comfortable with. T... (by PocketTNT)
SDP Survey

Hello all! I have created a survey for my Empirical Methods class about Software Development Processes. If you are a computer scientist who is currently or w...
[no replies]
March 2016 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [feb2016] [apr2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.