Lounge - May 2013 (Page 3)

Getting into Robotics? (1,2)

Next year I'm going to start messing around with a Lego Robotics in school with C++. I'm wondering though, is there a good book on real Robotics with C? (As I u...
[25 replies] Last: i do robotics in tech with NXT. Didn't know we could use C because I'd... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Why do we bash on young programmers (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

I am a 14 year old developer. i am not going to say i am good. on a level from noob-intermidate i would say i am "-". yet still we have people on forums saying ...
[137 replies] Last: It's most likely a in-house scripting language. Can I see your source ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Rant (1,2,3,4)

I want you guys to rant about the most bull****iest programs on the media. I'll start it off. I think the deadliest warrior stimulator is bull. I can write o...
[77 replies] Last: @cire lol. @Filiprei no. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Chromium and Google Chrome security question (1,2,3)

I recently installed a new operating system version on my pc. A clean install rather than an 'upgrade'. Now I like to use the Chromium / Google Chrome browsers ...
[40 replies] Last: I was about to write the final post and randomly pressed F5 after swit... (by S G H)
Interesting occurance: yahoo answers keep deleting my questions about problems with logging into telnet!!

I made some websites, I have permission to mess with other peoples websites to my hearts content so everything i want to do is above board, just I had a little ...
[5 replies] Last: Most likely a fault spam handler. You should make your paragraph long ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
functions in programming

Can someone please assist me with a question ho do I put in functions to show the names and grades of students in a class, find the total, average, the highest ...
[4 replies] Last: oh (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Bad question asking and my other pet peeve (1,2)

One of my pet peeves is when people come onto forums and just post a wall of code and say fix this. Is it really that hard to take 10 minutes to write up at lea...
[24 replies] Last: Probably they're used to being spoon fed by their college instructors.... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Do you guys know of any books on how computers work?

I was told to read about this before learning assembly. Should I just get a computer science book?
[2 replies] Last: How are you going to learn assembly , through a book ? a course ? Cons... (by a k n)
shamefull Java memory leak

I'm working on an assignment which requires parsing a very large text file. Switching from using scanners, next(), nextInt(), etc, to nextLine(), and then par...
[6 replies] Last: Here is what i have found after some more experimentation: Not using ... (by htirwin)
by ne555
Sending. Please wait...

I have issues when posting By instance http://cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/101305/5/#msg546669 (*) remains in the `Sending. Please wait...' state, and the previe...
[7 replies] Last: The problem remains http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/102531/#ms... (by ne555)
C++ Skype chat

Hey all , Couple days ago,I created a new skype chat for C++ programmers. Mainly it's for begginners,because I'm one of them ,but it's not just for the beggin...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the info @Thumper I'm probably going to hang around there o... (by Code Assassin)
Can you guys help me by doing this?

Hi guys, I really need a jump start to help me and my site. If you could kindly visit this site: http://definedev.wordpress.com/ and say if you like it (if so,...
[no replies]
Scripting languages?

Can somebody explain what is so special about them? If there is not a compiler to tell you errors on stuff then what will? Will you just run it and it crash o...
[4 replies] Last: There is confusion between what calls a scripting language. Some peop... (by MiiNiPaa)
Ways to earn money? (1,2,3)

I need ways to earn money at my age in order to buy some stuffz. Any ideas?
[40 replies] Last: Alright. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by LB
Nested classes

http://stackoverflow.com/a/14607402/1959975 Do you think you will use nested classes more often for this? This certainly makes a lot of things easier for my ...
[5 replies] Last: Nested classes are used to encapsulate pure implementation-support ty... (by JLBorges)
by LB
tab-size

Why don't more size make use of the CSS tab-size attribute? On this site for instance I can open the Chrome console (F12) and under Styles on the right I can ...
[12 replies] Last: but I don't see what that has to do with my preference of font smooth... (by Lachlan Easton)
by LB
What is this?

http://objectmix.com/c/40397-difference-between-standard-c-98-standard-c-2003-a.html Is this another one of those zombie sites? I've seen people post about t...
[2 replies] Last: I know it's crazy, but I wish usenet groups were still a prominent thi... (by Cheraphy)
Why do computers even need virus protection? (1,2,3)

If you download and run a random exe like an idiot, won't your computer be screwed anyway? Can a website just give you a Trojan from nothing? Is it possible to ...
[49 replies] Last: What is "typical Linux user" these days? A sysadmin, an ubuntu-user, e... (by keskiverto)
Putting (edit: just a) url in [code][/code] tags :-(

Where has this annoying fad of putting urls in [co de][/co de] tags come from? Edit: clarification: I'm talking about putting urls, all on their own, insid...
[8 replies] Last: I did check the code you pointed me at and then added additional info ... (by andywestken)
loopy fun :)

I had some fun with loops creating different shapes with hashes(#) and spaces( ). I was wondering if anyone knew a way to make a loop go through these numbers: ...
[4 replies] Last: Found a nice solution :) Take a look: for(int i = 8; i >= -8; i -= 2... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
May 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.