Lounge - May 2019

Another Recommend a Browser Thread (1,2)

I finally got myself a replacement OS after my last hard drive started acting geriatric. Windows 10 64-bit. Yay. Anyway, now using Edge , which I initially ...
[31 replies] Last: Show me a high traffic forum in which this occurrence is 100% absent ... (by Duthomhas)
by helios
Automatic program obfuscation

A while ago I read about how some code obfuscators will generate a virtual machine with a random instruction set (e.g. an instruction might be "add 7 to registe...
[2 replies] Last: I know, I've checked out the book already! Unfortunately it doesn't se... (by helios)
Visual Studio 2019 always failing an assert

Let's look at some simple code: #include <cassert> int main() { assert(5 > 6); } With VS2017 (and a few MinGW based compilers that I know of and ...
[11 replies] Last: Curious, I decided to try a quick console compilation, VS 2019 Here, ... (by Niccolo)
MATLAB - URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Hi everyone! I know that this is C++ forum but is there anyone who could help me out with my Matlab task? I have no idea how to do it and tomorrow I'm having a ...
[7 replies] Last: Maybe you should notice no one is rushing to help you. That lesson sh... (by George P)
Anyone to help develop a Open Source Project?

Looking for some help in a blockchain project of mines which is aimed at advancing the protocol level of blockchains, such as being the first blockchain to be o...
[3 replies] Last: 1. It's important to make that clear, then. Nothing in the OP indicate... (by helios)
by zapshe
Can I Strangle Them Now? (1,2)

Just more college venting. I've been suspected of cheating on several CS assignments. Apparently my code looks "suspiciously" close to another student's code, w...
[29 replies] Last: If you are willing to accept that, then okay. Otherwise, I wouldn’t... (by Duthomhas)
Ways to delete my Topics on this forum?

Hello. Is there a way to delete all my topics from the forum? Back in 2017 I posted 3 topics related to C++ programming, and they were homework assignments. I'...
[9 replies] Last: Well said, I was hoping you'd reply... (by Ganado)
WPA cracking theory behind it

Hey guys, I posted a thread earlier today about the theory behind WPA on reddit, but the thread seems to pretty much dead, if anybody has any knowledge on th...
[1 reply] : I see no one is noticing you here either. I know nothing about it. I ... (by Duthomhas)
Attempting to obtain inspiration by being informed of your "playground games"

I am creating something. I do not want to give much information about it, but relevant to the title, I feel I may find inspiration for it from knowing of a few ...
[2 replies] Last: 4 square (by zapshe)
by helios
How not to write an "encryption" algorithm

Here's the super-duper encryption algorithm the boffins at ShanKoDev came up with: bool encrypt(const byte *passphrase, byte *plaintext, int length){ auto p...
[13 replies] Last: Maybe we just have more free time xD! (by zapshe)
Words like albeit, sans etc

I would like to know if you are aware of more words which are uncommon, yet possess a very simple meaning and have a sort of air of obscurity about them. So far...
[11 replies] Last: There's a difference between the "uncommon vocab" of some posts, and R... (by Ganado)
by Satan
Who's the best forumer (in your opinion)? (1,2)

JLBorges. Didn't even take me a minute to think. He is basically a god. What do you think are the qualities an ideal forumer must have (for example, one who ...
[27 replies] Last: A God is the One Who has NOT been created ! Or created themselves.... (by zapshe)
Whos c++ engine is the most convenient when performing these simple tasks

Allow us to see whos C++ engine requires the least code the perform the following actions: 1)load image ("example.png") 2)Place it in the centre of the tab 3...
[4 replies] Last: GDI, GDI+ or Direct2D. Take far less than 2 seconds to move an image,... (by George P)
Javascript Help

Full question posted https://stackoverflow.com/q/56048853/9509915 Quick summary, how do you use threads.js? trying to implement a parallel mergesort using t...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, so code with split down to arrays of 2 now, then exit on NodeErro... (by d1g1talarts)
by Ch1156
Program that encrypts files and uses an external file to unlock it

Hi, I am trying to find a program that will encrypt files and allow me to set a password, something really long (250 chars) and allow me to unlock the file by d...
[2 replies] Last: Making something like that for yourself would be possible, it's actual... (by NoXzema)
Is The Standard Library Really That Useful?

As I find myself becoming more and more seasoned, I find that I use the standard library much less and less. At first, I made quite an effort to use "modern C++...
[14 replies] Last: I guess I have come full circle on this. in the mid 90s to early 00s,... (by jonnin)
Is time an illusion? (1,2,3,4,5,6)

Is time an illusion? I can't tell if people say so to sound enigmatic or be witty. So what do you think? Is time an illusion? Why? What triggered me to say thi...
[119 replies] Last: zapshe , no it's just that I like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Gala... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
stackqueue

hello so i am trying to do this Please HELP!!!!! i hope someone can help im really struggling with this. ---------------------------------- write a cla...
[3 replies] Last: > Spamming your question won't make people reply quicker. > http://www... (by ne555)
The decision will be made for you

I quite enjoy coming up with original sayings on the spot. Recently I came up with: "Those who make the decisions for you, usually make them for themselves" ...
[1 reply] : So you’re saying the person is only helping because it is beneficial... (by highwayman)
Hash Tables - New Open Source group accepting people!

We're accepting programmers, graphic designers, and people into music creation. The idea is that we're going to have team(s) working together to make useful pro...
[1 reply] : Cool. (by George P)
May 2019 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [apr2019] [jun2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.