Lounge - November 2012

Why so many Catfish? (1,2)

There is Catfish, Catfish2 and now there is also Catfish3. http://cplusplus.com/user/Catfish/ http...
[29 replies] Last: mainly due to them having policies of only one account per user I'll... (by naraku9333)
confused on bit coins

my friend told me about bit coins so i went home to look then up. im still confused. first of all ho...
[7 replies] Last: what it does (to the best of my understanding) is solve an algorhythm ... (by Aramil of Elixia)
by saraht
Thank you for the Information section.

I am learning C++ for the first time, already knowing C#, and I just want to say thank you for the w...
[1 reply] : The author is listed at the very bottom, "Written by Albatross." Albat... (by LB)
Willow Garage

I have just been watching "America Revealed" on TV, in particular the segment about Willow Garage - ...
[3 replies] Last: I forgot to mention, that where I come from - the dishwashers come wit... (by TheIdeasMan)
by helios
Program test

Would anyone mind running my program? I'm getting odd performance patterns from OpenGL and I'd like ...
[15 replies] Last: It is odd. If you weren't running something in the background, I can't... (by helios)
A funny joke... (1,2,3)

How many programmers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
[44 replies] Last: @Grey Wolf If that was the reason for you being reported, maybe you s... (by TheIdeasMan)
The gr8st thing :p...?

What's the greatest ,most useful, most popular thing that's ever been done using C++/C ...? Any i...
[4 replies] Last: anything by blizzard, anything by nintendo, chrome, safari, webkit, (i... (by Aramil of Elixia)
Fun with C++?

Is there something fun that can be done with c++...? Something entertaining...? Or is it all borin...
[10 replies] Last: Ofcourse it all depends on what you think is fun. I get a big smile on... (by Filiprei)
I beat arrays. (1,2)

I have read on lots of tutorials that you once an array is set, it stays that size. this is false. t...
[24 replies] Last: Aramil , It may be beneficial to watch some of the Stanford Universi... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by Duoas
"MindTrap" nonsense

This is supposed to be a smart game, but I keep finding cards like these. They are incorrect. Do you...
[5 replies] Last: Exactly! :O) (by Duoas)
Raspberry Pi (1,2)

For anyone who doesn't know: http://www.raspberrypi.org/ So I just ordered a Raspberry Pi and I...
[27 replies] Last: [quote=Aramil of Elixia]how much is that in dollars? I don't know. Y... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Do you listen to music while programming? If so, what music?

I like listening to gangnam style, linkin park and some game themes like morrowind's theme.
[18 replies] Last: I like listening to rap battles :) (epic rap battles of history) (by Filiprei)
When did you start learning c++? (1,2,3)

When did you start learning c++? How old are you now? What have you done to reach were you are today...
[40 replies] Last: i started at fifteen learned html and thought i could use (just) that ... (by Aramil of Elixia)
My first program test

Hi everybody... I've just completed my first project and solved a big problem... So now it's tota...
[9 replies] Last: How would you even be able to add video + sound? (by Filiprei)
WPA2 issue?

So I recently changed my home WiFi encryption scheme to WPA2 and now at least once a day (maybe more...
[6 replies] Last: They're actually iPhone 4 all running 6.0.1. (by ResidentBiscuit)
A Quick iOS Question...

I was wondering: in Apple iOS, if I sign out of my iTunes account, will I lose the apps I have insta...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I just wanted to be sure my apps wouldn't be deleted if I do ... (by closed account EAUX92yv)
by turbo
how to save data from a file into a class which is being used as a pointer

i want to coppy the data for example myfile.txt into a class named student which has a different mem...
[1 reply] : Might have better luck reposting this in the "Beginners" or "General C... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Classes (1,2)

Today in my lecture we went over classes for the first time. All I could think to myself was " What ...
[23 replies] Last: Classes are for compile-time correctness verification that you reques... (by Moschops)
by LB
cplusplus.com reference

Original topic title: "Finally, an official name for them" http://www.cplusplus.com/search.do?q...
[3 replies] Last: Why not just use a lighter shade of blue, or even a different color? (by Catfish2)
wired 2012 december issue

I saw the cover story (for those of you who don't read or haven't gotten wired yet its about a guy s...
[4 replies] Last: @hamsterman: wired is a magazine. linking accounts is bad because if i... (by Aramil of Elixia)
November 2012 Pages: 123... 5
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.