Lounge - November 2012 (Page 2)

Brzozowki's Derivatives

Has anyone read the paper ? Having some trouble understanding how it works if anyone has some insight ?
[2 replies] Last: I suggest asking in http://math.stackexchange.com/ (by hamsterman)
System hang

I am using keep on string appending without limitation it crash the system example i am using std::string a="abc"; for( int i = 0 ; i < 50 ; ...
[3 replies] Last: It throws an exception (as you'd expect). Why would you think it will... (by kbw)
Other programming languages used for game development? (1,2)

I'd like to be a game programmer and I know that I will need to know more languages than c++ if I want to get anywhere. So what other languages are used for gam...
[28 replies] Last: Now see, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I started with Red Hat, and gone... (by BHX)
lets compile a list of less usual things that results in your question not being answered (1,2)

while waiting for an answer i realised that it may be sunday night, i may have been excommunicated by the community for being way too big and clever, i may have...
[36 replies] Last: @ne555 Thanks for pointing that out. (by chrisname)
My Raspberry PI is coming (5weeks!!!!) im gonna use it to suss out c++ networking, how are you gonna eat your PI

i might also buy a 3.5" screen and make a mobile lith poly power supply so to make my future muggers day,has anyone invented ' programing on hoof' yet? whats ...
[9 replies] Last: Buahaha, the 5 week inquisition before acquisition: Where the fresh go... (by avlagrath)
Best VM software for windows?

I'm tired of having to reboot from my linux partition to my windows partition when I want to switch from work to play and vice versa. I'll be using 64-bit windo...
[2 replies] Last: I use VMWare Player at work and at home. I think it's awesome, and Uni... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Christmas wishlist! (1,2)

Christmas is coming closer and closer and I figured some of you might have some wishes! What is your wishlist? But since im just a kid I think I want some to...
[25 replies] Last: This is my face right now: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdjzwiDME... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
Linux and Windows 7 Dual Boot

I was wondering if I could somehow dual boot between Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and Ubuntu 64 bit. Thanks in advance!
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! I just didn't want to lose windows! (by closed account EAUX92yv)
email alerts for responses

Hello everyone. Is there any way to set up this site to email me when someone responds to a post? I'm finding myself having to check back every fifteen minutes ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh thanks! I can't believe I didn't see that :) (by cheshirecat)
Why foo?

I always see variables named "foo"! Is there a reason for this? I remember two years ago when I first started programming I used the variable "foo" at summer ...
[1 reply] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foobar#History_and_etymology Google is yo... (by hamsterman)
Language Choices (1,2,3)

Sooooo hello again I'm deciding what languages to "Invest" my time and attention to. Given I can learn two languages, one of them is already C++, but im look at...
[54 replies] Last: They should be enough to approximate any garbage collector 1. The... (by rapidcoder)
Preparing for the google - in project

I'm trying to prepare for the google code-in project that starts on the 26th, but im not quite sure on what i should focus on reading up on. Here are the projec...
[10 replies] Last: I wasn't aware Vista's version of the NT Kernel had managed code in it... (by Cheraphy)
The AI Sandbox: Capture the Flag

http://aisandbox.com/ I thought you guys might be interested. I'm a complete AI novice, but this looks like a lot of fun, perhaps we could discuss/share tactic...
[1 reply] : That looks very interesting, I'm going to look through the docs even t... (by naraku9333)
will cygwin run?

If I write a program compiled using gcc through cygwin would it run while not running cygwin? edit never mind: http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.programm...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks to those of you who took the time to answer this, you may not r... (by closed account iw0XoG1T)
Want to help me test my game? Look here! (1,2)

So, like many I've seen on these forums, I've chosen C++ as my language of choice and embarked upon the journey of game creation. Now, after months of toil, I h...
[28 replies] Last: Oh :P (by modic)
The Dungeon

I just released something i was working on for the past month. Its a text based adventure game called The Dungeon, and it very intuitive. Please follow this l...
[18 replies] Last: Hey! Just posted a newer version for Turkey Day! Hope that everything... (by pogrady)
Competition

Hi C++ forums, Now before you all get angry tell me who do you think is the best coder in they're field AND YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOU'RE SELF. I am so curio...
[4 replies] Last: Stallman in the early eighties, when he cloned Symbolics on a point of... (by Moschops)
by modic
C++ Jokes! (1,2,3,4)

Place your funniest C++ jokes here :D -legit
[68 replies] Last: I hate when people use post-increment and post-decrement without using... (by LB)
im thinkng of studying computer science next year, do you think i would benefit from installing linux (1,2,3)

to get into uni as a mature student i simply have to prove that theres no need to do an access course (prove that im already at 'A level' understanding) so mayb...
[45 replies] Last: Learning a *nix shell is much easier than learning DOS IMO. I know pin... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Where Can C++ Take an 11 Year Old? (1,2,3,4,5)

Hello, this is Fredbill30 here, I was wondering were C++ can take me at my age (11). I am an intermediate level programmer in the 7th grade, and I have bee...
[80 replies] Last: Oh, alright. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
November 2012 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.