Lounge - November 2012 (Page 3)

Programming Then and Now

Thinking back to programming in the past. Turnaround times were much longer. You'd come up with a design, using the methodologies of the time (which have als...
[1 reply] : Yes. I find that if I sit down and think about how that program is goi... (by pogrady)
DirectX Conversation

Hey, I just picked up a book on directX 11 and I was wondering if any of you have experience in the subject. are there any major caveats or tidbits of advice...
[1 reply] : My only advice is don't get overwhelmed. It's a huge API. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Help with finding a beginner math book. (1,2)

So, I'm going to be blunt here. I suck at math, and I'm starting to realize how much I need a more advance level of math understanding then I have now to progra...
[20 replies] Last: @hamsterman No i don't mean this is a bad thing. I love mathematics an... (by Thumper)
I think I have a problem. (1,2)

So I'm in the middle of rereading a section of Accelerated C++ regarding generic functions. I read "For generic parameters, the implementation doesn't need to w...
[24 replies] Last: @fun2code Yeah, i bought my car used and it didn't come with the typic... (by Thumper)
I grasped pointers :D it took two months from complete c++ ignorance!! how long it take you? (1,2,3)

I feel amazing. There's nothing more rewarding than a code working like you didn't really expect it to. I also hope that brand new n00bs like me who are ...
[41 replies] Last: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/german-shorthaired-pointer Who knew poin... (by cire)
Joke (1,2)

Q.Why do most java developers where glasses? A.Because they cant C#
[33 replies] Last: Script Coder, I told that already ^^ (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
Girls are unfair..... (1,2)

So why is it that my girl friend can get pissed off at me and tell me all the things I do wrong a million times a day and i cant say anything back or have an op...
[39 replies] Last: It sounds to me like OP has one of those girls. Unfortunately, peopl... (by Nexius)
Been a while

Hey all you people. I feel like I have been gone forever. I don't have an Internet connection at home anymore so I am finding myself rarely ever using it anymo...
[3 replies] Last: It just doesn't load or do anything when I try to open or download the... (by chrisname)
Starting back c++. Dreading some oop topics.

I haven't studied programming in about 3 months. Before I left I was overly frustrated with code that i could never get right and no one to help me. It is ...
[2 replies] Last: Forward declaring classes is not an OOP topic. It's a C++ topic, havin... (by Catfish2)
whats your favorite thing aboot c++? (1,2,3)

I like that you make something with language, thas pretty cool its almost an illusion created by electrical signals cept its real XD
[50 replies] Last: still here different name i bet, sounds like fun TBH (im not spoonlike... (by devonrevenge)
by Disch
Selective response to threads.

BEWARE: I'm in a ranting mood so this may just be blowing off steam and may or may not actually happen. I also realize that this may make me sound like an el...
[9 replies] Last: we should string up them dyslexics and slang throwers too (by devonrevenge)
OpenGL (es)

Recently, I've acquired the need to do some low level graphics work with Android...and that means OpenGL ES. To this date, I've never been able to find a decen...
[3 replies] Last: I don't think the order matters by texture or color overlay, how would... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
by Syntax
programming question

I want to ask you guy's what i need to learn crypto programming and what are some good books to read? What the differnt with C++ and Java do i need to lear...
[2 replies] Last: The following may be of interest (all chapters are available for free ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Command prompt

When command prompt is opened, is the code that is typed in in C++, or C or some other one??? Or can you use all of them? Thank you
[13 replies] Last: DOS Batch is a programming language, an old kind called a batch script... (by Duthomhas)
Structures

Hi, I just wanted to talk about structures. So I read somethings on line but I think its always good to talk. So I just wanted to know what the deal with this,...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies it helps a lot :) A LOT! (by jlillie89)
Getting into network programming

So I've been interested in networks since I started a job working underneath a network admin, and programming network applications sounds fun. Though I'm not su...
[6 replies] Last: I might take you up on that. I'm gonna have lots of questions and coul... (by ResidentBiscuit)
IRC?

Is there still an IRC chat room that you guys use, or did that die out?
[1 reply] : It died over a year ago I believe. Mods turned it off. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Open Source Morrowind version 0.19.0 Released

OpenMW is a new engine for 2002's Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. It aims to be a fully playable (and improved!), open source implementation...
[16 replies] Last: In case anyone is interested what we're currently working on for the n... (by antoine32)
Who'd you vote for? (1,2,3)

Being a young student I voted for Rocky because of his track record of giving a little more funds to education. Don't think it is good for the deficit but hey.....
[43 replies] Last: [john@australia] ~ $ cat /etc/motd It is time to vote! Please run the... (by chrisname)
UN global gun control (1,2,3,4)

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-expected-to-sign-global-gun-control-treaty How do you all feel about this?
[69 replies] Last: Yea a .223 and 5.56 aren't the same round, but they have near identica... (by ResidentBiscuit)
November 2012 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.