Lounge - November 2012 (Page 3)

im thinkng of studying computer science next year, do you think i would benefit from installing linux (1,2,3)

to get into uni as a mature student i simply have to prove that theres no need to do an access cours...
[45 replies] Last: Learning a *nix shell is much easier than learning DOS IMO. I know pin... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Where Can C++ Take an 11 Year Old? (1,2,3,4,5)

Hello, this is Fredbill30 here, I was wondering were C++ can take me at my age (11). I am an in...
[80 replies] Last: Oh, alright. (by Fredbill 30)
Programming Then and Now

Thinking back to programming in the past. Turnaround times were much longer. You'd come up with a...
[1 reply] : Yes. I find that if I sit down and think about how that program is goi... (by pogrady)
DirectX Conversation

Hey, I just picked up a book on directX 11 and I was wondering if any of you have experience in the ...
[1 reply] : My only advice is don't get overwhelmed. It's a huge API. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Help with finding a beginner math book. (1,2)

So, I'm going to be blunt here. I suck at math, and I'm starting to realize how much I need a more a...
[20 replies] Last: @hamsterman No i don't mean this is a bad thing. I love mathematics an... (by Thumper)
I think I have a problem. (1,2)

So I'm in the middle of rereading a section of Accelerated C++ regarding generic functions. I read "...
[24 replies] Last: @fun2code Yeah, i bought my car used and it didn't come with the typic... (by Thumper)
I grasped pointers :D it took two months from complete c++ ignorance!! how long it take you? (1,2,3)

I feel amazing. There's nothing more rewarding than a code working like you didn't really expect...
[41 replies] Last: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/german-shorthaired-pointer Who knew poin... (by cire)
Joke (1,2)

Q.Why do most java developers where glasses? A.Because they cant C#
[33 replies] Last: Script Coder, I told that already ^^ (by Filiprei)
Girls are unfair..... (1,2)

So why is it that my girl friend can get pissed off at me and tell me all the things I do wrong a mi...
[39 replies] Last: It sounds to me like OP has one of those girls. Unfortunately, peopl... (by Nexius)
Been a while

Hey all you people. I feel like I have been gone forever. I don't have an Internet connection at ho...
[3 replies] Last: It just doesn't load or do anything when I try to open or download the... (by chrisname)
Starting back c++. Dreading some oop topics.

I haven't studied programming in about 3 months. Before I left I was overly frustrated with cod...
[2 replies] Last: Forward declaring classes is not an OOP topic. It's a C++ topic, havin... (by Catfish2)
whats your favorite thing aboot c++? (1,2,3)

I like that you make something with language, thas pretty cool its almost an illusion created by ele...
[50 replies] Last: still here different name i bet, sounds like fun TBH (im not spoonlike... (by devonrevenge)
by Disch
Selective response to threads.

BEWARE: I'm in a ranting mood so this may just be blowing off steam and may or may not actually ha...
[9 replies] Last: we should string up them dyslexics and slang throwers too (by devonrevenge)
OpenGL (es)

Recently, I've acquired the need to do some low level graphics work with Android...and that means Op...
[3 replies] Last: I don't think the order matters by texture or color overlay, how would... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
by Syntax
programming question

I want to ask you guy's what i need to learn crypto programming and what are some good books to read...
[2 replies] Last: The following may be of interest (all chapters are available for free ... (by Grey Wolf)
Command prompt

When command prompt is opened, is the code that is typed in in C++, or C or some other one??? Or can...
[13 replies] Last: DOS Batch is a programming language, an old kind called a batch script... (by Duoas)
Structures

Hi, I just wanted to talk about structures. So I read somethings on line but I think its always goo...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies it helps a lot :) A LOT! (by jlillie89)
Getting into network programming

So I've been interested in networks since I started a job working underneath a network admin, and pr...
[6 replies] Last: I might take you up on that. I'm gonna have lots of questions and coul... (by ResidentBiscuit)
IRC?

Is there still an IRC chat room that you guys use, or did that die out?
[1 reply] : It died over a year ago I believe. Mods turned it off. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Open Source Morrowind version 0.19.0 Released

OpenMW is a new engine for 2002's Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. It aims to be ...
[16 replies] Last: In case anyone is interested what we're currently working on for the n... (by antoine32)
November 2012 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.