Lounge - November 2012 (Page 5)

Computer Issues

Today I started up my computer and tried to log in (Windows 7). The "Welcome" message was rather delayed and when it finally disappeared I was stuck on a black ...
[17 replies] Last: I've never felt that Windows should be used. Broke our first computer ... (by ne555)
iPod Touch Not Charging!

I have a 4th generation iPod touch and a Memorex speaker charger for it. My iPod has always charged properly with it. Not all of a sudden, it charges for a fe...
[8 replies] Last: The aux cable method sounds like it will work. I will try it over the... (by closed account EAUX92yv)
Change Code interface

Hello ! Sorry if my post is too short. I, disagree a bit about the used font for previewing the code in the forum. The first thing that I say is the proportio...
[7 replies] Last: If every useless pseudo-enhancement was endlessly and undeservingly en... (by chrisname)
Hidden Gems (Movies)

Just wondering what kind of movies you guys are in to. Basically I'm looking for a few good non-Hollywood movies to watch. Some of my lesser-known favourites...
[4 replies] Last: I've been getting into Asian horror lately. You can watch a bunch of t... (by chrisname)
Could use help installing a new SSD drive

So as the title states, I just got myself my first SSD drive and im looking to install it tonight. I'm new to having multiple hard drives in one computer and wa...
[5 replies] Last: Ok thanks for the tips slumpers I'll look into them options tonight. R... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
is dream in code admin 'out to get me'? (1,2,3)

This forum and the people who help here are amazing and have been of great help, other forums have to,including dream in code, i should tell you now that this i...
[54 replies] Last: i disagree with nukes in israel, now everyone in the middle east wants... (by devonrevenge)
by iky
advice on learning programming (1,2)

hi. i want to learn programming on different languages like c++, python, etc. im currently learning c++. im thinking about buying another laptop for it. a cheap...
[28 replies] Last: Oh, okay, it's a modified version. It seemed like they just decided to... (by chrisname)
by Algren
Flash Programming Advice

(i am not sure if this is not the decent place to post this question, but here goes) I have some basic knowledge when it comes to C++ programming and i have ...
[1 reply] : http://www.gamexe.net/flash/programming-actionscript-3-free/ (by naraku9333)
Transporting a computer to china

I'm (probably) going to go on a 6 month internship in Hong Kong next year. Problem is, my Laptop is usable in name only and I obviously can't just take my tower...
[10 replies] Last: If you take it as hand luggage, no-one is going to throw it around bu... (by hanst99)
Hurricane Sandy (1,2,3)

So either you live under a rock, on the other side of the world or you're aware of the hurricane hitting much of the Eastern Seaboard. I live in Western New Yor...
[40 replies] Last: you got power back? still have a house? or just the fridge? (by devonrevenge)
Inner class Vs new file

Any opinions about when to make an inner class and when a class "deserves" it's own file? I've never made an inner class, they seem unwieldy to me.
[5 replies] Last: @L B: the general case as is with example of LinkedList is inline wit... (by SIK)
Think Like a Programmer. (1,2)

Think Like a Programmer An Introduction to Creative Problem Solving by V. Anton Spraul The real challenge of programming isn't learning a language's ...
[24 replies] Last: Hey everyone! I saw this thread and thought I'd pop in and answer the ... (by V Anton Spraul)
Other than Microsoft or gcc

I am curious outside of gcc or microsoft's compiler what compilers are others using regularly and why do you like them (or do not like them). I would also ...
[6 replies] Last: My primary compilers (at work) are IBM XL C/C++ and Sun Studio -- they... (by Cubbi)
<regex> is not fully implemented for GCC-4.7.0

<regex> still does not work for gcc--any ideas why? It doesn't make sense to me since the Boost project has shown how to make it work. What don't I understand w...
[6 replies] Last: I expect that anything for which a decent Boost option exists already ... (by Moschops)
ever broke your mind trying to fix a percieved problem in the wrong place, have story

basically i just spent the last two days trying to fix something that wasnt the problem, i was trying to suss out how i was supposed to pass a members construct...
[1 reply] : Well, it's not often that I, or anyone else for that matter, encounter... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Help me be evil (1,2)

My OS instructor is going to give us a "real world" assignment next week: trouble-shooting a PC that has stopped functioning correctly. We are use our knoweledg...
[36 replies] Last: It must be multi-monitor. http://i.imgur.com/B1psE.png There's my 14... (by NGen)
VMWare Unity mode

Anyone else tried this?? Took me a bit to get it to work with Ubuntu (Doesn't like Ubuntu Unity) but it was well worth it. I can now use my Windows, and have ac...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=helios]File symlinks have been supported since Vista. Directory... (by chrisname)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 345
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.