Lounge - November 2013 (Page 2)

New project in github

I've started a new project at GitHub for a class project I'm working on with a few people. I realized, I have no idea how to organize this. I've only ever worke...
[5 replies] Last: That's probably a good idea; I went on a coding spree on the dice proj... (by closed account 49iURXSz)
Go

Late last night I finally achieved something that I've been wanting to do for years: I learned the rules of GO. To my surprise and delight, it is far more compl...
[10 replies] Last: Pente's kinda neat in it's similarity to Go. Seeing as it was played b... (by sargon94)
Windows 7 or 8? (1,2,3)

This is just to settle an argument with my friend, so... Windows 7 or 8? Opinions on each out of 5 or something? Usability (average, non-high tech point of v...
[51 replies] Last: I have a laptop, and, judging by the design of it, it seems to be purp... (by IWishIKnew)
Few Things Are Worse than a Thief

Well, my SH!T got stolen. Anyone got any ideas about how to recover a stolen laptop using software? Would a remote desktop work, even if I don't have it install...
[14 replies] Last: I was referring to everyone here but no one in particular. It was more... (by Computergeek01)
by helios
Backups and hardlinks

Does anyone know of any backup or related software for Windows that can mirror a complete directory structure between volumes while preserving as much metadata ...
[5 replies] Last: So I ended up using ImageX. It's pretty useful to make exact backups o... (by helios)
2800 lines Arcade FREE

I'll be giving out a c++ arcade i made during my vacations, as a school project It took a LOT of hard work, so is it fine if i just give it away like that?
[15 replies] Last: @DSTCode freedom (libre) free beer (gratis) alcohol-free beer $50 htt... (by ne555)
I will be leaving this forum, Good Bye! (1,2,3)

Hi, I am leaving the forum, thankyou all for your help! You guys have helped me a lot, now Im leaving!
[40 replies] Last: if you disagreed with him he could be very mean about it (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
A soap box statement if you will indulge me (1,2)

I've shared this before, but it very much bares repeating. WOLF-PAC is a democratic non profit that's pushing for a new amendment to the US constitution that wo...
[25 replies] Last: This petition will have no direct effect on the economy. It's about co... (by Cheraphy)
If you could learn one thing from your ancestors? (1,2,3,4)

If you could learn any one thing from your ancestors (something they knew and preferably isn't known or commonly known today) what would it be? I'm mostl...
[61 replies] Last: After a long relationship I have good wisdom to share, I had at leas... (by devonrevenge)
Make a compiler using c++?

I'm 16 years old and whenever I feel like i'm jobless, i go and make new programs in C++ I have done an arcade (2800 lines) and i'll be giving it away for free...
[2 replies] Last: Or you could what I did, which is where I made up my own language and ... (by TwilightSpectre)
by LB
cpluspluscom: dev-snippets, dev-tools, & dev-classes

As you all know, cpluspluscom is the community Organization for cplusplus.com - previously, it only housed Computergeek01's random SFML project and the ChessPlu...
[8 replies] Last: No hard feelings. :) I also didn't realize it would have been impossi... (by Lowest0ne)
Detecting nearby objects

Hi, I did not know where to keep this, so let me put it here. I am researching into network discovery, is there any API or tool which basically detects\ident...
[8 replies] Last: I have a little python script built with pcapy which can capture packe... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
just in case

This is probably pointless to post, but I will anyways just to be safe. The dts posting in the job section is not me. It looks like a real buisness and not my p...
[13 replies] Last: im really scared right now... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
First-person view of driving a vehicle

I need this image, but damn is it hard to find a clean one that's of a decent size. I hit the end of multiple Google images searches :(
[11 replies] Last: Those photos aren't showing the windshield much. I think the OP would ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Can anyone suggest any good universities for computer science?

I am currently in American Degree Program. I have no idea which university I should go. Please feel free to suggest universities so that I can refer to it :)
[17 replies] Last: MIT's is free for people whose parents make less than $75,000 a year. ... (by htirwin)
Contest for Demented Programmers

Well I have a day off so I have been searching the web for something to do and I found this really cool contest. Basically how it works is a really really diffi...
[no replies]
setting a default error 404 page

so i know i said i wouldnt bother you guys with another php post, but Daniweb (the site im using to ask questions) has this user Warren80 that knows nothing abo...
[7 replies] Last: i would assume so, I would first try within: <Directory "/usr/sh... (by metulburr)
by valix
Sum SML/C++ recursion

Hello guys I have am interesting recursion problem for you. I am interested in an SML solution but feel free to drop a recursive C++ version. Let's say we...
[4 replies] Last: It would be rather easy to construct a recursive version, but how effi... (by Script Coder)
Freelance programmers

are there any freelance programmers here and how did you get started as i am considering it
[8 replies] Last: [quote=Zereo]word of mouth is a powerful thing Unbelievably so. The co... (by Thumper)
by Disch
This is why you shouldn't shop at WalMart (1,2,3)

I don't know how many people here shop at WalMart/Sam's Club. Guessing by how large a company is, I'm guessing it's a lot of you. Well.. you shouldn't. Read ...
[45 replies] Last: Lol, clicked that link and didn't mute the chiptune techno and it adde... (by Cheraphy)
November 2013 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.