Lounge - November 2014

What is it with online programmers and a hate for "Re-inventing the wheel"?

I'm sure we have all been told this, at some point in our programming journey that we "are trying to re-invent the wheel, just use the standard/LibX/LibY ..." ...
[18 replies] Last: Do you think Bjarne was told "Don't make another language, we already... (by kbw)
What is the difference between C++, C and C#? (1,2)

So far the only programming language that i know is C++, but I have no prior experience with C or C#. Are these extensions of C++? Does C# enable you to make p...
[21 replies] Last: So "objective" basically means "Object-oriented" right? Wrong. It's... (by kbw)
RAPTOR

I know this forum is for C++ codes, but does anyone know how to do RAPTOR flowcharts? I need to write a program that inputs from the user the number of hours wo...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks. I already looked at that site. My teacher is Elizabeth Drake l... (by lordzedd)
SDL (1,2,3)

I was getting back to c++ programming when i saw SFML 2.2 was about to be released. Instead of going through the hassle of updating it again when it came out ( ...
[50 replies] Last: QT Creator does not ship with a debugger. Debuggers are part of toolk... (by S G H)
IPv4 and IPv6

Does anyone know the real purpose of this ?
[4 replies] Last: http://test-ipv6.com/ (by LB)
by Zaron
C++ Chat

Is there a place to get one on one help with C++ like a chat room? I am in graduate school and I am new to C++. I need help in writing a code. I believe that it...
[3 replies] Last: both are good. the c++ skype group is called c++ benders and i believe... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by Manga
Any math wizards out there?

Here is the formula I was given by a coworker. He asked if I could solve for x. y = tan(x) - (x*PI/180) I have failed. Can anyone else solve this? This ...
[8 replies] Last: This is kind of old, so please let me know if you are no longer intere... (by tition)
Does anyone know why??

The most frequently executed class it the data move instruction. Why? The Berkeley RISC has a 32-bit architecture and yet provides only a 13-bit literal.Why?
[4 replies] Last: Functional Architecture as in hardware architecture? If so, care to ex... (by Cheraphy)
Why I Feel Learning C First is a Waste of Time (1,2)

A beginner on a third-party chat recently told me that they planned on buying a C book, with plans on moving onto C++ These are the arguments they've given me:...
[32 replies] Last: Isn't Forth just a stack-based language? What isn't? C isn't what it... (by kbw)
Aymptotic Notation.

Greetings everyone. It is humbly requested to tell me the concepts of running time complexity and Big- O notation. I tried everywhere but can't pick the concept...
[6 replies] Last: Interesting I would have just assumed undefined behavior as opposed to... (by Ganado)
Tell a story in only six words... (1,2,3,4,5)

Dad left; a flag came back.
[80 replies] Last: Memo: body parts found, lifeform lethal. (by coder777)
Contribute to stacksofcode.com

A friend of mine and I, are making a website called stacksofcode.com. On it we are making small games, and just small fun coding projects. A feature of our s...
[3 replies] Last: Well I can see that theirs a fair amount of work to be done on the sit... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Looking For A Team

Hey guys, I'm new around here, well been somewhat around coding for awhile, so if this is in the wrong spot please move it for me(A Admin) and bare with me. ...
[11 replies] Last: You can also join us on our IRC channel at #cplusplus.com on irc.freen... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Find the antidote

https://github.com/James-Parsons/akka_poison_pill_antidote :P my new project.
[2 replies] Last: http://doc.akka.io/api/akka/2.3.3/index.html#akka.actor.PoisonPill (by LB)
by rjvc
Good Approach for a C++ gui

Hi! This is my first post so, just bear with me*. I just wanna ask how you implement your program when you use them in a GUI? I mean, will you consider the c...
[3 replies] Last: Hi! Thanks for the replies. I really also think that c++'s functiona... (by rjvc)
Let see how good your English skill are

Do the one you know, you may also take a guess on the one you don't know. 1)What is the overall function and flow of lines in a written text? A. Content ...
[9 replies] Last: You made 2 mistakes in your analysis. You made three mistakes in you... (by Duthomhas)
Help me with this assignment please

7-In DOS, a file can allocate: a) one physical block b) two physical blocks c) three physical blocks d) many physical blocks 8-In a Disk operating syst...
[14 replies] Last: I think so, but I think it can be used for a single node just as easil... (by Cheraphy)
by LB
Contiguous Iterators

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n3884.pdf Is using &*myvec.begin() as a buffer undefined behavior until C++1z?
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys, this is good information to be aware of. (by LB)
Math word-problem solver

I want to write a program in which you put a word problem in as input, and it returns the answer. Is this possible, or am I just over-ambitious? And if it is po...
[9 replies] Last: deciphering what is being asked is like asking a computer what objec... (by Cheraphy)
Mobile App Designing Software

Can you guys recommend any free software for Mobile App Designing? Just designing, no creating. Thanks in Advance
[7 replies] Last: Guess what I just found: http://kivy.org/ (by Duthomhas)
November 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.