Lounge - October 2012

by LB
Does it actually happen?

http://ideone.com/T0egOt #include <iostream> namespace ns //::ns { void f() //::ns::f { std::cout << "::ns::f"<< std::endl; } namespac...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=LB] "I showed this to told me it never actually happens in real... (by closed account zb0S216C)
making money of software

Does any body know if there is market in software development. How to find product buyers? cheers Sumair
[3 replies] Last: So your audience is students? May I suggest hosting a site dedicated t... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by Numeri
Microsoft 8080 BASIC

Hello! I have an old book full of BASIC games that I want to compile, but I can't find anything to compile Microsoft 8080 BASIC! Does anyone know of any good pr...
[10 replies] Last: Seems pretty basic, right? I see what you did there. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Problem compile program

HI FRIENDS I AM USING MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 2010 EXPRESS. PLEASE, HELP REQUIRED REGARDING COMPILING ERROR. THANKS FOLLOWING IS THE ERROR WHILE COMPILING ...
[1 reply] : It looks like you're linking two files that each have a main() defined... (by Zhuge)
Raspberry Pi

Hey all! What do you think of the new computer deal? Have you seen it? I would really like to make a learning robot with simple associations and such (visual...
[3 replies] Last: Just wondering how it would be usefully for programming. It happil... (by Moschops)
is the c++ programming lang worth buying

ive learned c++ from never fear c++ is here. But i know it left a few things out and just did the main stuff. Is bjarne's book worth buying? and if so should ...
[5 replies] Last: Cesspool? Wouldn't that imply that the "knowledge" was, well, human wa... (by chrisname)
A simple Emacs question on copying

How do you, very simply, copy a line in emacs? I usually do ctrl k (repeating the key for multiple lines), then ctrl y back in, and then paste whereever else I...
[7 replies] Last: A couple more queries on customization: How do I map certain numpad k... (by DexterMorgan)
Adding a sample post to the New Topic editor?

Do you thing there's enough space to add a brief example post to the New Topic editor? Or even just a sentence or two about tagging and formatting (with a link...
[8 replies] Last: I don't think it would be a good idea or even feasible to spam people ... (by LB)
Could we have bullet points, please?

I tend to use bullet points a lot when answering questions, and having to use '-' or ' ' can be bothersome and messy. Is there any way the forum could add bulle...
[16 replies] Last: @ne555 fmt, or don't use tags It's about what they do, not what I d... (by TheIdeasMan)
Game Programming (1,2)

I'm in school right now, and I was just wondering, how do you design and program your game? Include libraries, game engines(unless you wrote your own), pref...
[29 replies] Last: Why would you use HTML5? You must be thinking of web games... HTML... (by htirwin)
java help

so im trying to make a virtual iphone but i dont know how to convert the current size to inches (im not even sure what measurements im using for this i think it...
[4 replies] Last: so what do i need to multiply by to get the dpi? (by Aramil of Elixia)
Awesome Game Dev Articles!

So I was lurking around on the SFML forums and someone posted a link to this awesome website that contains a bunch of articles on game physics and game networki...
[1 reply] : Nice find. I'll give them a read later. I only have today and tomorrow... (by BHX)
keyboards control the power?

I was fixing my friends laptop, and my teacher took the keyboard home to wash it cause it had syrup on it. he brought it back the next day and i swear, if the k...
[11 replies] Last: we bought a new one and it worked (by Aramil of Elixia)
Coding for "debuggability"

Do you code for debuggability? Edit: eliminate a little bit of jargon When you code, do you try to make it easy/easier to debug? Along with readability and t...
[14 replies] Last: I admit I have not worked on systems complex enough that simply being ... (by Duthomhas)
My way of coding

What I am going to write here might force you to say "wow! this man is weird!!", but I am in a total dilemma and I really need a piece of advice for my self fro...
[6 replies] Last: okay i got it...thnx guys .. my problem is kind of solved (by vgoel38)
by BandK
Help...how to find row and column in txt?

Hi....I have question....How can i put course in right row and right column in txt file...Program ask User to add hour, Day and Name of course. I want to progra...
[no replies]
Network (and systems) security

So after working as an assistant to a network admin for a little while now, I've found myself getting more interested in the security side of things. Anyone kno...
[7 replies] Last: The book I have is: Security in Computing Charles P. Pfleeger, Shari ... (by andywestken)
function problems

don't you just hate it when you blame one function to be the cause of the problem...then you think to check another function and it was a stupid mistake and you...
[6 replies] Last: Technically code on a computer doesn't exist, except as a specific con... (by chrisname)
Tower of Hanoi, Rubix Cube and any other little puzzle games?

I'm wanting to improve my problem solving ability, so I've been recently started having a go at the tower of hanoi and the rubix cube - along with looking at th...
[2 replies] Last: Go to Amazon [*] and search for "Logic Puzzles" [*] Other book st... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
chrome dlls

hi all! i was wondering for all of the chrome users, is it possible to write a dll or aquire a plug-in that will take my webpage that enter and go thorugh https...
[2 replies] Last: It is possible, there's a Firefox (edit: and Chrome) extension called ... (by chrisname)
October 2012 Pages: 123... 5
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.