Lounge - October 2013 (Page 2)

Malware

On a windows operating system, win7 NOT vista! everything seems normal with the exception of a message stating that windows needs to be reinstalled in order to ...
[3 replies] Last: I can't find it... (by RealGiganitris)
help with long division

so im learning binary representation for assembly and learned the long division method using this: http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-from-Decimal-to-Binary . ive g...
[8 replies] Last: I don't understand what you mean by "contains a number if its larger t... (by Duthomhas)
Death Penalty (1,2,3)

Well it has been a while since we have had a good debate, and this topic is rather interesting. So where do you guys stand: Should the death penalty be legalise...
[41 replies] Last: Man, I misread Disch's post and started looking for the point where Ba... (by helios)
by AceK
WHERE CAN I HOST MY CLIENT-SERVER APP?

hi everyone, i hope all is well. ok here is the story. i created a client-server app for me and my collegues at work, its basically a chat app. the thing is i d...
[4 replies] Last: It gives you a domain name and a program to run in your server. The pr... (by helios)
Midterm Blues

Got a sucky grade on my programming midterm and feeling miserable. I somehow got the code writing stuff correct but simple definitions I got wrong. Like what is...
[6 replies] Last: sorry i misunderstood. you should definitely understand as well know (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Soylent

Would you try it? I won't be pre-ordering but after the first wave of shipments and reviews, I'm definitely considering it. https://campaign.soylent.me/soylen...
[6 replies] Last: I hate having to eat, it's a hassle, it's distracting, it wastes time,... (by LB)
C++ is too hard

I am in my first class of C++. I feel like the teacher is asking us the impossible. We are 4 weeks in the class and we are given the N-queens puzzle. I am re...
[8 replies] Last: I'm with you OP. My class is kicking my butt. (by kissy2490)
How can i embed python in my c++ program?

I'm really addicted to python, it's easily my favorite programming language. I was wondering, is there a way i can like somehow 'embed' python in my C++ source ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Chris ;) (by Uk Marine)
How To Best Wrap An API?

Ok i've separated my project well enough so that it has dependant parts and independant parts. My question is when do you know that it is ok to link them. If I ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=helios] associate a define or id (index) with the actual stored... (by chrisname)
by LB
Good Appliances for Linux in VirtualBox w/o Hardware Virtualization

Hey all, I want to run Linux in VirtualBox, but my problem is that Hardware Virtualization is disabled and not supported on my system (no option in BIOS, anyway...
[6 replies] Last: @xerzi the entire tab is disabled so I can't even click on it. (by LB)
Developers

Hi for a college project of mine I need to interview someone and I wanted to interview a developer who develops for the blackberry 10 platform but that is turni...
[5 replies] Last: bump ? (by iamlearning)
How good one must be in math for Games Development?

Just curious, i'm looking to write a simple 2D game and i know math just not so good at it, i heard that Math isn't really required when you're writing 2D games...
[12 replies] Last: @BHX You're right, that was way to simplistic. That was pretty ignoran... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by LB
Is Google down?

All non-Google websites are fine, but Google websites are giving me issues. C:\Users\Nicholas>ping google.com Pinging google.com [74.125.227.238] with 32 bytes...
[14 replies] Last: People just hate us, ya know? Probably just a troll. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Im trying to find a site that has problems in basic set and logic theory

So mathtutor.ac.uk is normally really good for getting your maths up to uni level, but theres no set theory or logic, I need rows and rows of problems and to be...
[12 replies] Last: oh yeh good plan, its simple stuff at the mo tho. (by devonrevenge)
Attach an Image to Forum Post?

Is there a way to attach an image to a post in these forums? I had created a nice small PNG to show a screenshot of something, and was all ready to include i...
[7 replies] Last: Just use imgur , it's free and you can easily paste or upload images ... (by LB)
Anyone Have Red Alert 2?

I recently traded a game for this, I was wondering if anyone had this and would like to play with me. I'm not very good at this, I just play during free time...
[4 replies] Last: Please do. But you should go easy, I'm a beginner :P (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by LB
Where does the energy go? (1,2)

Suppose you expend energy to lift an object up and put it back down. The initial and final positions are the same. Where does the energy go?
[31 replies] Last: Wow what is up with my maths today? Maybe I'll use a calculator... ... (by Mats)
assembly output

this code is supposed to output hello world, but will it actually do that? im not advanced enough in assembly to know which line [BITS 16] ;Tells the asse...
[17 replies] Last: What is the output of losetup -f ? I may have gotten the parameters t... (by chrisname)
by S G H
Self-Esteem Made Me...

...want to create a topic, related to my 18th Birthday! YAY. Noting down this is my 1812th Post. Maybe it'll come in handy someday, to count how many posts I ...
[4 replies] Last: Tchaikovsky writes an entire overture, with cannons and everything, sp... (by Mats)
these are dark times for torrenters... (1,2,3)

so lets see... silk roads down... tors been not cracked but ruined, and isohunt is going to be shut down. lets just bloat the worth of bitcoins while were at it...
[57 replies] Last: @xerzi I was referring to TF2, where weapons have different stats. ... (by S G H)
October 2013 Pages: 1234... 9
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.