Lounge - October 2013 (Page 5)

Windows Forms Application

Hey, I was just wondering. I have Visual C++ 2013 Ultimate RC, and I can't get Windows Forms Application(with Design Mode and all that), could someone give me t...
[4 replies] Last: And I have .NET framework 4.5.1 and I still can't find that template, ... (by Filip Cvetko)
Android on Rasberry Pi

Anyone done it? If so with what version and how?
[8 replies] Last: Don't forget Nvidia Shield, Gamestick and Madcatz Mojo. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
What makes a good RTS

Hi guys, I am planning to make a RTS game but I have questions about it and as it is an open-source project I want to ask them to you. 1) Which age would...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks for help (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
Anyone know of a good source of information for Hardware Interrupts?

I'm unable to find anything decent that isn't in a wiki as my college doesn't allow them. I need to know how interrupts work in relation to event-driven arch...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys :) (by Zephilinox)
Skype(chat for beginners, intermediate, whatever)

It's easier to learn something with someone else. I was just wondering if someone thought the same and would like to join me. If you feel the same then you ca...
[no replies]
by ngopza
WHO ARE THEY

Here's to the crazy ones, the misfit, the rebels, the trouble makers, the ones who see things differently,they are not found of rules and have no respect, u can...
[3 replies] Last: They are only called genius after their ideals and theories are proven... (by BHX)
Please review the Quicksort FAQ

Alright, I'm finally able to spend some significant time working on the FAQ again. Just "finished" the quicksort today. Please review it for accuracy, succinctn...
[16 replies] Last: I think the animations are just fine. These faq-entries are really int... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Mats
Programming Board Game AIs

If you create an AI which is capable of playing a board game. Let's say Scrabble for example, is there any kind of legal issue with releasing it: If the pro...
[3 replies] Last: I guess it is even if you include the rules. Many games have a lot of ... (by S G H)
how to update gcc without bootstrapping?

so for the osdev tutorial, it recommended upgrading to 4.8, which is the latest major release. since i was on 4.6, i thought that was a good idea. wanting to fo...
[9 replies] Last: Arch Linux tracks the latest versions of stuff. My installation has b... (by kbw)
Hearthstone

Was wondering if anyone's heard of this and/or has gotten into the Beta ? http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/
[3 replies] Last: ive heard of it, but it just seems like wow tcg online (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Tutorial with progress tracking

Do u know free site that teaches C++ with your progress tracking? It doesn't matter what programming level, although I would prefer one that is intermediate to...
[2 replies] Last: That's a good idea. I'll try making the GUI soon. (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Degree VS Certification: Pros/cons?

Alright, I'm lacking some serious motivation. I'm in precalc, learning the "identities" of sin cos tan etc... and find no acedemic value in them whatsoever. ...
[9 replies] Last: My friend has recently gone to University to study computer science, a... (by x BlueRobot)
Facebook is using D now (1,2)

I can't remember who it was who is a fan of D language, but here's a link for them. http://forum.dlang.org/thread/l37h5s$2gd8$1@digitalmars.com
[31 replies] Last: "From what I heard" being the operative phrase. Yea, that's why I put... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Favorite quotes! (1,2,3,4,5)

Doesn't have to be your most favorite, and I don't mind if it's song lyrics. I'll start with a few "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself d...
[90 replies] Last: “Trying to understand is like straining through muddy water. Have t... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by knn9
Final Fantasy VII or VIII? (1,2)

Hi. I was just wondering which of these two classic JRPG's people here like more and why. Lately I've been itching to play them both again as I haven't playe...
[27 replies] Last: +1 @ BHXSpecter Remakes don't count. ;P (by Disch)
book with excerises python

Hi i recently bought http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Python-Mark-Lutz/dp/1449355730/ref=sr_1_1/181-0607804-9838616?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381710707&sr=1-1 it has e...
[2 replies] Last: I found codecademy quite helpful for learning Python syntax when I was... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Help please

The US Army is interested in keeping track of where various pieces of equipment and being stored and whether or not the equipment is ready for use. To demonst...
[1 reply] : Please don't crosspost the same question to different forums. Especia... (by cire)
Homework cplusplus.com Members Survey

I have an English assignment where I have to survey the members of this site for some research. I will not use your name or username for my project without you...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you all for responding to my threads. I really needed this for ... (by GRex2595)
petrovich operating system

so i was browsing esoteric languages, and found the petrovich operating system. i really want one, but i cant find a download link. does anyone know where its l...
[8 replies] Last: http://esolangs.org/wiki/Main_Page ;p (by LB)
Coolest thing you have ever done in code (1,2,3,4)

What is the coolest thing you have ever done in code? Don't write you answer in code if that is what you are interpreting this as.
[70 replies] Last: A Connect 4 game where the AI was playing about as strongly as an reas... (by Mats)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 9
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.