Lounge - October 2018

Site feature : Keywords

Hi, I've been using this site for 2 years now. It is very easy to navigate in it and find what you search, but it is missing an important feature : a descriptio...
[no replies]
Turbo, Dev or something else?

My high school teaches us in Turbo C++. I have heard it is outdated and not user friendly. I mean, you can't copy paste codes. Also the interface is a bit w...
[13 replies] Last: [quote=CodeMonkey]I would say that the 'shitty way to behave' that Mik... (by MikeyBoy)
Keep getting bored with new ideas.

I don't know what is up but every time I get a new idea to create a new game or program I feel super motivated and excited but then I lose interest a month or s...
[5 replies] Last: Since I'm not a professional, I have the luxury of only working on pro... (by Browni3141)
Log Analysis

I am trying to discern macro data from .log file. i.e what IP address occurs most frequently. Anyone know of a data sifting tool that would be useful with .l...
[1 reply] : Is the log file in plaintext? Can you paste part of it? I don't know W... (by Ganado)
by Satan
What this forum needs [Discussion Thread]

Since there isn't such a thread in this forum at the moment, I thought I would make one. I'll make a list to which I will add whatever is agreed by majority in ...
[4 replies] Last: Peter what's wrong with the new topic interface, formatting buttons a... (by Peter87)
by Satan
Pls add spoilers to this forum.

spoilers would break down large amounts of text with a click.. and that would be SO HELPFUL especially if you have to deal with code and have to show examples o...
[14 replies] Last: You're welcome. (by MikeyBoy)
by Satan
Do you know of or use any other C++ forum?

Do you guys use any other C++ forum other than this one? Or do you know of any other popular forums other than this one?
[3 replies] Last: I read r/cpp pretty often. Lots of good content is posted there, alth... (by mbozzi)
by Satan
Why doesn't this forum have a siggy?

Almost every forum I've seen has a custom signature but not this one.. any particular reason? I mean there's gotta be some reason.. signatures are like the most...
[7 replies] Last: MikeyBoy, is right. There is no point in suggesting new things when th... (by Peter87)
by Satan
Where do I find staff of this forum?

I'm just curious for now, but where would I find staff for this forum? That would include moderators and administrators alike. If for example I were to lose ...
[1 reply] : There are no staff, other than the administrator. Apart from them, no... (by MikeyBoy)
Why does the C programming language refuse to die?

https://hub.packtpub.com/why-does-the-c-programming-language-refuse-to-die/
[no replies]
Heh

Searching cplusplus for standard library items, such as std::cout or std::plus , has some very 'interesting' paid-for search results. #1 is the Best Herpe...
[8 replies] Last: And that's why adblock was invented ;) (by Satan)
Machine Learning

Hi all, lucky for me i have been tasked with finding a ML solution for our current project, and i'm hoping some of you have a little more experience than me in...
[10 replies] Last: Is your picture related to ... It looks like thats where the image ... (by Jaybob66)
by reggie
How to Improve C++ Test Coverage with Code Coverage Analysis?

Uncertain where to focus your testing efforts? Are your tests reaching all critical areas of your application? Gain insight into your testing coverage. Ident...
[no replies]
interesting take on memory management

hi guys, I came across this post on hackerank, do you agree with his sentiment? let your opinions be known If a program is just about to terminate, not r...
[7 replies] Last: Even easier. Just mark the regions as free in your custom allocator an... (by helios)
Real Programmers Don't Use PASCAL

Funny article - he just forgot to mention C++ https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/927/Real-Programmers-Don-t-Use-PASCAL
[19 replies] Last: [quote=Duthomhas]I don't know how you got along without ever seeing so... (by Cubbi)
Guide to Competitive Programming

Just saw this book on Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Competitive-Programming-Algorithms-Undergraduate/dp/3319725467/ref=cm_wl_huc_item It says in th...
[2 replies] Last: reinforcing the type of thinking required to solve problems in a comp... (by Cubbi)
Writing a program and am stuck

Hi. I am working on this program: CSCI 1470 1. A local scientific lab stores hazardous chemicals for local manufacturing companies until they can be prope...
[no replies]
by mbozzi
Download your posts? Project proposal.

I find it useful to have a copy of my posts offline. This allows me to quickly search for particular posts and code snippets (with incremental grep, e.g.) and ...
[no replies]
Linux developers threaten to pull “kill switch” (1,2)

Linux powers the internet, the Android in your pocket, and perhaps even some of your household appliances. A controversy over politics is now seeing some of ...
[27 replies] Last: we have all seen shouting matches about code Ah, the Religious Wars... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Need Help in Arrays

Write a program that demonstrates various gradebook utilities. The program should first create a two-dimensional array initialized with short values, where eac...
[no replies]
October 2018 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.