Lounge - September 2012

Single most complicated "Hello World" program

Lets see who is the most creative! RULES: No third party lib's(SFML,Allegro..etc..etc) Length does not factor in, writing 10000 functions that connect and ...
[6 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/41739/ (by LB)
How to mask unwanted words in site?

I know a little bit of JS Codding but I have no idea how to mask words or numbers for selected site? For www.examplecode.exm Containing words: sh*t or pe*. I d...
[3 replies] Last: The down side of this is that on Allegro.cc they have that in effect a... (by BHX)
What have you mapped your Caps Lock Key to?

It was recently pointed out to me that the caps lock is a pretty useless key, yet it is a HUGE key on the keyboard. What key have you mapped your caps lock to...
[14 replies] Last: I use my Caps Lock to have Carl Johnson beat the crap out of people. S... (by wackyblend)
Thinking about purchasing an ultrabook(Help!)

I've been researching ultrabook's for awhile now, and have narrowed my results down to a couple. One of my choices is the Series 9 Samsung laptop 13.3", and i n...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah I think getting th one with the TPM security is good. Resources:... (by Aceix)
An equivalent book in Java to Accelerated C++?

Accelerated C++ is a great book. Is there a similar book in Java? Short, dense, packed with info, but clear? I dont want to read 800+ pages of usual Java bo...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks. I will get the Core Java book! (by DexterMorgan)
Learning ideas (1,2)

Hey c++ forums, I was wondering what is an good subject for an intermediate programmers to do like say learn Winsock or something like those not like make an g...
[28 replies] Last: I think you people are straying from the subject. I've always found a... (by Gaminic)
building boost using mingw

Three years-ago I built the boost libraries using the documentation found here: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_51_0/more/getting_started/windows.html But...
[4 replies] Last: I think I'll make an article on this. You can compile individual comp... (by Duthomhas)
Would my laptop slow down

I have had an qusetion in mind that does you're laptop slow if you play text based games online not anyway 3d atall or 2d like like :spaceinvasion
[6 replies] Last: Because they specifically mentioned online games, I think the OP is bu... (by Computergeek01)
CAS Calc P11 - Scientific Graphing Calculator for Math and Science

In an era of applications, Finding out the best app on net is a headache but if you are looking for best apps you should look for Power App GmbH's Application. ...
[2 replies] Last: I'm so pissed off at calculator manufacturers, earlier this year I was... (by helios)
by Triea
Chat?

I was wondering, is there any sort of IRC channel or such to talk to other programmers? I would think that there would be some situations where using a chat to ...
[2 replies] Last: Or you could use our channel #cplusplus at Quakenet nobody is there, e... (by ne555)
Statistics question

Ok so I've never taken statistics, but I'm pretty sure this is a statistics problem. My professor for my operating systems course curves test grades based on a ...
[6 replies] Last: I just happen to be taking the right classes at just the right time, I... (by helios)
Spanish (Traditional) Keyboard Support woes

I am currently using my son's PC, Windows 7 Home Premium. Now I want to play around with internationalization for the FAQ, but after I activated the Spanish ...
[4 replies] Last: Hmm, well, I won't need the euro sign or to write ancient Spanish. Th... (by Duthomhas)
KBB website

How long do you think it took to input all the data into the kbb website for every car, and all the options for each car on the website? I wonder how much mo...
[7 replies] Last: Ooh didn't know that (by ResidentBiscuit)
What language doe the market need?

If I wanted to make a programming language, what type should I make, so that it will be more likely to be used? By type I mean: dynamic/static, lower/ higher ...
[11 replies] Last: Exactly. (by Duthomhas)
More powerful C++ vs ASP.NET

Hey c++ forums, I know by the title you must be critizeing be by why is he posting this in c++ forums. I know it is ironic i am saying it here but just wantin...
[11 replies] Last: This is like asking which is better, business suits or swim suits? I ... (by Xenphibian)
Suggestion for Beginner and General section

There is always a problem with new users not using code tags, making their code hard to read. Just to throw out an idea, how about start out a thread with code ...
[1 reply] : You know, that's a surprisingly good idea. I would make it read: Wri... (by Duthomhas)
Console Tree

I saw a homework assignment about drawing trees in the console window so i thought Id try my hand at making one. Here you go! /* Patricks tree creato...
[4 replies] Last: Here is a new version of the tree builder. I included a check to see ... (by pogrady)
dearth of coders around me

hello guys..!! Well, I am a student of computer engineering from New Delhi..I have been coding for quite a while. But, there's one thing that's been eating up m...
[8 replies] Last: Cplusplus had an IRC channel, but when I used to get on there it was a... (by BHX)
Going Native 2012

GoingNative 2012 is a 48 hour, globally live-streamed technical event for those who push the boundaries of general purpose computing by exploiting the true cap...
[3 replies] Last: Concepts are probably the most ugly solution among all the proposition... (by rapidcoder)
by Owain
A programmer in reflection...

Recently I went off to learn Common Lisp. What can I say? I love it. I get things completed faster, I enjoy using it, I love the syntax and semantics of it, eve...
[2 replies] Last: +1 @ xander. The right tool for the right job. Programmers are expec... (by Disch)
September 2012 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.