Lounge - September 2012 (Page 3)

by RyanV
Determining Number of Pages Transferred Between Disk and Main Memory

Hi, I have a problem on the homework for my algorithms class that involves determining how many pages are transferred between disk and main memory in an ope...
[1 reply] : If we're talking about classical paging, only the first page is loaded... (by Athar)
by Aceix
WinAPI tutorial...

Which tutorial for learning C++/WinAPI is very comprehensive and complete? -The MSDN tut -The Forger's tut -The functionx tut -Others...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks ResidentBiscuit (by Aceix)
the super tools?!

Hi everybody, I was thinking that if there 'super' tools (programming languages) what tools are they gonna be? i mean for example c++ and java for desktop apps...
[10 replies] Last: Also Dalvik is open source, so it's not a proprietary implementation. (by chrisname)
by Disch
What Vegeta's scouter really said about Goku's power level

We've all heard the "over 9000" catchphrase. But in the original manga it was actually "over 8000". I'm not sure why it got changed. Maybe it was a translati...
[9 replies] Last: Man Luc Lieber.... I have a very vague recollection of that, but I don... (by Disch)
It's bad to know many things than being an expert in just one?

Hello everybody! I'm 17 and since I was 15 I knew that my future life will be among the techniques of programming. And now I'm really sure about that. In those...
[8 replies] Last: chrisname makes sense. that's a perfect the plan! (by Aceix)
Stupid rules

I'm part of a tiny programming group at school but there's a problem. Last year I used Ubuntu on a VM: editing in Gedit, compiling in terminal. This year th...
[5 replies] Last: No, pretty much the head of the IT department determines what is allow... (by BHX)
what is a programmer? (1,2)

When do you actually become a programmer in a language? is it the first time you can do hello, world with no help? is it the first time you write something usef...
[21 replies] Last: A programmer is someone who has written at least one program, and who ... (by htirwin)
by Aceix
Which is the best? (1,2,3,4)

Which debugger, IDE and compiler is the best?
[60 replies] Last: 1. Real programmers program a computer to create a universe containing... (by rapidcoder)
No #pragma comment() in C::B?

When I started using this IDE I was a little dissapointed, since it ignored #pragma comment() directives for linking libraries. However that was one thing I wa...
[13 replies] Last: @helios, I don't see how using pkg-config is any more manual than usin... (by chrisname)
python help

is there a procedure or something that i can call to get the source of an html page for a webcrawler im writing?
[1 reply] : Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertext_Transfer_Protocol T... (by hanst99)
javascript problem

so i decided to make a c++ forum bingo card in javascript. it worked fine except the generated card would keep repeating squares. i found the bug which was it w...
[no replies]
C++, multiplatform and GUI creation

Hi, Imagine i started learning C++ and now it's time to create applications that meet this criteria: - Base language is C++ - Multiplatform - GUI interface - as...
[6 replies] Last: This sort of thing happens a lot. When Oracle acquired Sun and announc... (by chrisname)
by Arik V
delete my account on this site?

how can i do it?
[4 replies] Last: @Catfish2: LOL, it is probably so true. Unless, idiots start a nuclear... (by Script Coder)
Portable IDE

At my school they said we can use any compiler we want, so I wanted to bring my VS2010 with me, which is not portable and uses a long time to install, sometimes...
[10 replies] Last: It may be up to you to choose whatever compiler you want, but what hap... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
Talk to the developer

Sometimes when I visit some website , I have some questions for the site developer. How can we contact the developer of any website ? Most websites have con...
[4 replies] Last: thanks for replying guys... (by Raman009)
Computer Science Club

In our school we have a largely defunct ComSci club. I am planning to try and bring this club into having a presence at our school. To do this I will need to in...
[17 replies] Last: Getting non programmers to develop an interest in programming eh? Well... (by hanst99)
Articles section still accessible

The articles section of the forum isn't listed, but you can still access it with the URL: http://cplusplus.com/forum/articles/ You can also access any archived...
[9 replies] Last: Oh yeah, it is on that page, it's just not on the navigation menu on t... (by chrisname)
by LB
Over-complicated just for fun?

I found this line in an old project of mine: //... cur = Nit->operator->()->second; //(*Nit)->second didn't seem fun enough //... Anyone else enjoy doing th...
[7 replies] Last: You can't overload the scope resolution operator :p (by LB)
mDumpMem

Can someone help explain this to me? It is a macro created by Irvine for my Assembly Language class. I am understanding everything in the program, except for ...
[no replies]
What a new keyboard can do for you.

I recently just purchased a new keyboard to replace my 5-6 year old default keyboard, and boy does it make a difference programming. I now have the logitech ill...
[8 replies] Last: SteelSeries 7G, has that click sound I love for typing, perfect tactil... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
September 2012 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.