Lounge - September 2013 (Page 2)

Reported posts

Which ones and why were so many of my posts reported and/or deleted? I have done nothing wrong on here. I know I was at 650 posts and now, suddenly 640? We...
[5 replies] Last: I know. Since I first joined, I have never had a post reported. If i... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Hardware identification wanted...

On the Microsoft Virtual Academy web site, http://msdn.microsoft.com/dn338454 , if you look at the image for C# basics (and others); what are the 'screens' they...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I couldn't make out what it said on that image...and I was n... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by ngopza
memory Management (1,2)

What do you prefer. Besides this being a c++ forum.Do you prefer managing memory allocation by yourself, or the other way round.Was doing c++ in a c# lab.These ...
[21 replies] Last: [quote=rapidcoder]Freeing non-shared memory/resources is just as easy... (by LB)
VIM (1,2)

I find that my love for VIM grows everyday. It is the only application that I have ever used that I feel this way about. I am constantly learning another trick;...
[20 replies] Last: This thread reminds of this , Real programmers use vim. http://... (by a k n)
Custom proggraming language (1,2)

Anyone want to build one in c++ with me? I want to build an easy one with the print statement being print and I need help with variable declaration in the new l...
[24 replies] Last: Never mind, I figures it out and string was supposed to represent a bl... (by closed account NUj6URfi)
GPS signal tracking program

What I have in mind is getting the position of buses though their GPS signal, but I have no idea where to start from. I'd like any help you can offer, even a s...
[6 replies] Last: That would be correct. (by tath)
another one guys... please?

create a program that will allow user to input a floor number and the program will display the department on the entered floor: input department will be d...
[5 replies] Last: That's new, because I've been giving an occasional look for anchors in... (by Duthomhas)
looking for a names list

I was hoping to find a names list (100 to 1,000, more would be better) that had a first name, last name, and a gender to define the first name. I was more or le...
[5 replies] Last: I was just surprised to not see a txt file with first names and their... (by Computergeek01)
Problem creating .exe file in x86

I am learning x86 assembly from Paul Carter's e-book. I tried creating the first example program. I used following switch to complie the first.asm as told in ...
[12 replies] Last: Here's the source code. ; my own x86 program %include "E:\NASMexam... (by letscode)
guys can you please help me to run this program?

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { (int i=1;i<=20;i++) { if (i<=12) } for (int x=1;x<=10;x++) } cout <<"num is:" ...
[1 reply] : Please move this to the "Beginners Programming" forum and use code tag... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
OS X IDE and Compiler

Is it possible to make GUI Applications in C++ using Xcode? I know there is using Objective-C, but I want to do it using C++. If this is not possible, what is...
[5 replies] Last: @darkestfright Exactly what I wanted, thank you! (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
by ngopza
high level to assembly

Hey guys.Does anyone know a software that can translate c++, c or java into assembly. I am given a task to write Booth’s Algorithm in assembly. • A c...
[5 replies] Last: It would be much more rewarding to just use a program like FASM and wr... (by LikeALightChavito)
Can someone here please he₧ me?

I was sent this html file through an email, but I tried to launch it on Chrome and it just shows squiggly symbols, althought in the file viewed in a text parser...
[no replies]
Looking for Professional Opinion

I'm looking for your professional opinion about me and my relationship with computer science. Firstly, I'm a Biology, and (currently) Environmental Studies m...
[1 reply] : I have relevant experience: I was a chemistry major, dropped grad scho... (by Cubbi)
Can I convert a 4 pin fan connecter to a 3

I bought a new heat sink ages ago and was wondering if I could just cut of the 4 pun connector and put a 3 one on (I have 3 from a fan spliter). Will it work?if...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks I'm gonna try to connect my old heats ink fan to it.. Thanks... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
I started UNI today but check this...no one has done any coding before!!!

So im doing a foundation in computer science but it turns out that no one has done any coding, the first second year guys are barley my equal in coding...im sur...
[8 replies] Last: There were five or six of us in my first programming class that were l... (by Cheraphy)
Has anyone here user Cinder?

Has anyone here user Cinder ? Would you care to share your experience? _____________________________________________ http://libcinder.org/
[1 reply] : While I have never used it, it does look very interesting, and it seem... (by Script Coder)
Windows 8

Hey guys, what do you think about the new Windows 8? Good Bad? Out of 10 post your comment
[12 replies] Last: I like the simpler flat theme. Don't care much for the metro side but ... (by knn9)
Would computer engineering be possible?

Okay, here's the story. I currently study Telecommunications engineering at the university. In two years i will be graduating. I plan to get a two years job exp...
[4 replies] Last: What about in a programming and software sense. (by Megziflips)
What's your opinion on this argument of mine?

Recently I was discussing get functions, for bools mainly. I actually got in an argument with this person on how you should return a boolean value, and a bit in...
[8 replies] Last: if(Foo::_isFat==true) lets assume that `Foo::_isFat' is a bool you... (by ne555)
September 2013 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.