Lounge - September 2013 (Page 5)

Happy Programmer Day! (1,2,3)

It's the 2^8th day of the year, and as such it is programmer day. Oh happy day to us all!
[40 replies] Last: [quote=Lumpkin]Anyway, what do you mean 'overrated'. Friends are repla... (by BHX)
by LB
RAII and other languages

This (slightly outdated) article suggests other languages should have better RAII support: http://swiftcoder.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/raii-why-is-it-unique-to-c...
[1 reply] : Once you have closures, the lifetime of an object may become unpredict... (by helios)
by LB
New syntax proposal?

I don't really know what this would be called if it exists, and thus I also don't know if it exists. If it does exist I don't think any compilers support it (at...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Cubbi, I'm still pretty unaware of the convolutions behind the ... (by LB)
Preloaded Langauges in Windows

Hi, A quick question, can anyone name all the languages which are preloaded in windows, like Batch - VBScript (VBS) but are there more. Thanks! Also tell ...
[6 replies] Last: I prefer choosing what I want to install. Visual Studio is not really ... (by maeriden)
by BHX
My friends Kickstarter Project

Wanted to post it here to help bring more attention to it. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/terncraftgames/neo-victorian-skirmish-squad I've known Dav...
[7 replies] Last: Well so much for /r/kickstarter, keeps deleting it saying I am asking ... (by BHX)
Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 playing tricks

Hi, I have IE10 installed on my Windows 7 64 bit. Recently it has started giving me strange problems such as for example: - On this website reference sectio...
[6 replies] Last: How to fix... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Google+chrome OR http://lmgtfy.c... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Good Size SSD For Programming. (1,2)

What Size SSD Is Good For Programming?
[22 replies] Last: I have an external HDD at 1TB and so far I've managed to fill about 40... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Do you know how to touch type? (1,2)

Do you know how to touch-type? How important is touch-typing in the world of programming? For those who know how, and learned formally, how long did it take y...
[32 replies] Last: @MatthewRock, Lol yeah. Time to get a life .....but hey! Now you're a ... (by Megziflips)
need help writing a shell script

i want to write a shell script to download nightly releases of combofix (yes i know its windows, but i use it for av on client computers) from bleeping computer...
[2 replies] Last: thanks that did the trick (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
I need straight answers.

Please i need a direct answer on python programming. Should a beginner to programming in 2013 start with python 2 or 3? And why? And do you know any good boo...
[10 replies] Last: The languages are not compatible because it would be difficult for the... (by Duthomhas)
by Mats
Most efficient search?

If I have a set up like this: (this will copy + paste compile and run just fine) #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <cstdlib> int main() { char...
[5 replies] Last: This was just a quick example code. The real situation will always hav... (by Mats)
Game ideas? (1,2)

Just finishing up the non-campaign parts of the game (the non-meat) so I need ideas on the actual meat. This is a text based game. Any ideas for anything ever? ...
[38 replies] Last: Cool! The engine that I made is basically for RPG's. It is made to fol... (by RealGiganitris)
any one interested on helping with an app?

so as the title says i'm looking for anyone who would like to help me create an android game app. i know this is a c++ forum, but it seems people can ask any q...
[6 replies] Last: Android threading is wacky, its like java but with things you cant do ... (by devonrevenge)
by Smac89
Algorithm Challenge

I promise this is not an assignment, I found the question on a site and I am curious to see what people on this site come up with. Given any string, add the ...
[17 replies] Last: nice (by devonrevenge)
Win32 API paths longer than MAX_PATH

I made this thread to share my experience with the common win32 paths problem, which is the non-support for a longer names exceeding the MAX_PATH limit (defined...
[7 replies] Last: I done it. Thanks! (by sasho648)
My First Football Game

Well, this really isn't important, but I just wanted to let some steam off. My first football game was HORRIBLE. My team is a bunch of idiots. It was all good ...
[2 replies] Last: It was. The worst part had to be the first part, the girl probably thi... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Looking for a partner for a shmup game

So recently I have been working on a 2D vertical shmup game in C++ and SFML with a buddy of mine. The project isn't nothing real serious I started it because af...
[15 replies] Last: Well actually that wouldn't take much time. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Favorite commercial (1,2)

What is your favorite commercial of all time? I would say what mine is, but I am going to have to think about it.
[34 replies] Last: gonna make this into a game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaTRCHbG_IA (by devonrevenge)
by LB
undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

Everything on the internet everywhere says that the error is caused by linking with gcc instead of g++, however I can prove I am linking with g++ AND that -lstd...
[9 replies] Last: Boost comes with nuwen MinGW, SFML does not but builds easily. (by LB)
Tried checking this site on my new Android I phone dooberry...its hopeless, is there a c++.com app?

So I couldn't press any of the right buttons up close and read and write things properly, i like this place more than facebook but I got a facebook app, wheres ...
[17 replies] Last: yeah still learning though, i have completely forgotten the use and co... (by devonrevenge)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 345678
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.