Lounge - September 2014

First CPPCon videos online

https://www.youtube.com/user/CppCon
[3 replies] Last: Ah, ok. I wasn't really sure as I hadn't heard of this before. (Or if ... (by LB)
Good book on networking for beginners

For the needs of my project I need to research Internet Protocols. I understand absolutely nothing about the Internet and protocols. Wikipedia hasn't been much ...
[1 reply] : Start with this classic: 'TCP/IP Illustrated, Vol. 1: The Protocols' b... (by JLBorges)
Assembly on Windows 64 bit?

I am looking for any tutorials where I can learn assembly on my windows 7 computer...I only can find Linux Tutorials.
[4 replies] Last: ok cool thanks! (by novellof)
Diffrence Between A Geek And A Nerd (1,2)

Hey guys, I was wondering whats the difference between a Geek and a Nerd, because I get called them both and I would like to correct them with the right one....
[29 replies] Last: Where I live: "Geek" doesn't have to do with technical knowledge... it... (by nan0hard)
Article on how to find the right OSS project to get in on

I found this over on Slashdot: https://opensource.com/business/14/9/jump-into-open-source-project Dunning-Kruger effect aside, I like most of the points that...
[1 reply] : Dunning-Kruger effect At the risk of derailing this thread, I see t... (by Cheraphy)
shellshocker!

Shellshock (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187) is an vulnerability in GNU's bash shell that gives attackers access to run remote comma...
[17 replies] Last: Another example of vulnerability: http://blog.erratasec.com/2014/09/ba... (by MiiNiPaa)
Setting up jGRASP?

Can someone please tell me how to setup jGRASP? I have it installed, and I have the g++ path set, but when I run my program, it says "programname.exe does not e...
[10 replies] Last: I copied an older version from my school computer, and it works fine, ... (by TheUnholy)
by giblit
cpp.sh

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes it will run arbitrary programs for the first few runs? Then, after a few tries it will run the actual program you want to...
[6 replies] Last: I don't know what you mean by error. All Chrome processes freeze and a... (by LB)
See if you can tell what these values represent

I wrote a little script, and I want to know if anyone here can guess/reverse engineer what the values I am about to post represent. I'll give a hint, they are u...
[4 replies] Last: You are correct LowestOne. I'm calculating the dead air on the forum, ... (by Cheraphy)
Visual C++ Download? (1,2)

I have not found a genuine site where I can download Visual C++, whether it be a trial/demo, or the full program. Can someone please help me?
[20 replies] Last: You could try these steps maybe http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar... (by giblit)
YouTube DirectX Tutorials?

Why are there no tutorials on YouTube for learning DirectX... ..There is only one guy and I cannot stand him. Is this because once you learn DirectX its p...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=MiiNiPaa]Also there is problem with quality. I rarely see peopl... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Monospaced Font

I just noticed that the text field when a thread is created uses a mono-spaced font. It is a fantastic feature, makes commenting code much easier I don't kn...
[1 reply] : It's been that way for as long as I can remember, I think even when I ... (by LB)
Why is apple still going? (1,2)

Apple sells the ipads for 300-400 dollars, and you can get a Microsoft Surface, with 4 times the storage, more memory, and better speed, for less money. AND app...
[39 replies] Last: They are being strong armed to use micro usb in the EU, though all tha... (by closed account 10X9216C)
Living in ISIS: Scary (1,2,3,4)

Hi, I was watching: https://news.vice.com/video/the-islamic-state-part-1 It is YouTube video documentary that shows Islamic State and its living condition...
[67 replies] Last: [quote=Computergeek01]If you want horror stories, then read up on Unit... (by Disch)
Team Work!

Hey Guys, I'm trying to get involved in a project.a game or a software.it doesn't matter.I just need to get the experience of doing something as a team and g...
[2 replies] Last: I have done a calculating a electricity bill and printing the bill in ... (by simplelenz)
Good book on Basics of Computer Organization & Architecture

I am searching for a good introductory book on Computer Organization & Architecture (preferably not more than 300 pages). I have a decent understanding of compu...
[10 replies] Last: Just to thank people who recommended Tanenbaum's book, I started readi... (by abhishekm71)
by LB
The cafeteria line problem

I thought of this problem randomly and have done no research or any thinking on it, I was just wondering if it sounded similar to any existing problem. The d...
[9 replies] Last: I think I have made the problem far too complex and open-ended to expl... (by LB)
Problem?!

Hello, I am 17 and am at college at the moment studying computers. My course involves all types of areas for computers from networking to software programming. ...
[7 replies] Last: reading is good as in expanding your mind and introducing you to topic... (by novellof)
How to be a l33t programmer

Hey guys..I want to be the best programmer around like the guy in the movie hackers and like milo in anti trust but I am just too lazy to read and stuff...Can y...
[19 replies] Last: I've heard tell that his "hello world" for a new technology is to impl... (by Cheraphy)
by LB
Always hearing music

Some people get music stuck in their heads. I, on the other hand, cannot remember a single moment in my life where I have ever not had music playing in my head....
[6 replies] Last: [quote=LB]Does anyone know what this is? Or is there anyone else with ... (by Disch)
September 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.