so I've completed c++ tutorial (from this page)

Pages: 12
what to do now if I want some day to create MMORPG game using Ogre game engine? Which libraries should I learn?
there are like tons of documentation on Ogre engine site
I mean is this tutorial enough? Am I considered programmer now and should I instantly move to Ogre or do I need to complete more tutorials?
If you want to create mmo you need to learn and test all what mmo is made from:
- game mechanics
- graphics engine
- network libraries
- game engine structures

All of above can be found with google :).

Also see that this topic has been moved even on this site ( http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/16000/ ).

And remember - being programmer means looking for answers yourself and asking for help when you really don't have any idea ;).
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
Am I considered programmer now

sure... i mean theres not really a definition. if you write code your a programmer.

I mean is this tutorial enough?

no try to learn something new as often as possible

i dont know what you know so i dont know if you have the knowledge to make a game
Am I considered programmer now

Well, technically, once you do the hello world program you are a programmer. Like DTSCode pointed out, there is no set definition and therefore no set requirements outside the beginner program.

Though, you will need to learn more things than just the tutorials to make a game. Start small and code any games you can think of that will help you build your skills to achieve a MMO.
ive heard people say when they send me 20 dollars they code like 50 times better ;). so you know... you probably want to do that just to help with your game
ive heard people say when they send me 20 dollars they code like 50 times better ;). so you know... you probably want to do that just to help with your game

Awesome. Just give me your bank account number, routing number, full name and date of birth, and I'll have that to you right away.
bank account: 4815162342
routing number: 31415962
full name: DTS Code
and nice try but im not giving you my birthday
If you want to create mmo you need to learn and test all what mmo is made from:
- game mechanics
- graphics engine
- network libraries
- game engine structures

All of above can be found with google :).

Also see that this topic has been moved even on this site ( http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/16000/ ).

And remember - being programmer means looking for answers yourself and asking for help when you really don't have any idea ;).

Ok, Is this fine:
- game mechanics - Newton
- game graphics - Ogre
- network - SDL_net
- sound - openAL
- input - openinput
i would use sfml with opengl personally
i would use sfml with opengl personally

wow! thanks I didn't even know something like that existed all in one) for free.

also I can't seem to find any .pdf or any book. covering whole tutorial, since I won't be at home so I won't have any internet acess.
i would just hit ctrl+s a lot and save the web pages. opengl idk i havent started learning it yet
found book :D ... I will buy it later, now I've found other solution
Last edited on
currently *omitted* it because I need it urgently
great thing to advertise on the internet
Last edited on
edited :) ... also yes, I've tried to find openGL 4.0 tutorial but couldn't find it anywhere :O .... if you ever find it please contact me.
k... nice edit ;)
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Orgre isn't a game engine. It's a graphics library.

I'd personally recommend SDL/SFML with OpenGL.

I'd learn SDL/SFML first though.
Last edited on by Fredbill30
actually and i kid you not, its a graphics engine
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Actually, it's both. It's a library and graphics engine. Not a game engine.
Pages: 12