linux driver programming

I'm toying with the idea of writing a fake audio driver for Linux that I could use to capture audio and write it to audio files. I've done some programming with FLAC before and I've done some systems programming, but never on linux. So, I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction for learning resources for driver programming in linux.
Cool! Thanks!

I'll probably be posting on this subforum more once I get into it. If I get into it.
The Linux Documentation Project has articles on Linux LKM (Loadable Kernel Module) programming but unfortunately they're for the 2.6 branch and there are probably some differences. Still, it might prove useful:
* http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/html/index.html
I don't know if tipaye's books are for the 3.2 branch or not so you may have the same problem with those, but maybe not.
Last edited on
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Cheraphy, you're idea sounds like something that would manipulate an audio API in userspace. Is this just something to do for experience?
experience with the side effect of totally not pirating music while I wait till I can afford the album I desperately want to buy right now.

edit: and to that end I'll be buying two. One for me, one as a gift. Support the artists, yo.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.