[BOUNTY] Error when compiling QT-application

Hi,

i keep getting 2 errors when i try to make an qt-app on OSX.
after running "qmake bitcoint-qt.pro" and "make -f Makefile" i get this output:

src/sync.h:62:17: error: expected expression
    void lock() EXCLUSIVE_LOCK_FUNCTION()
                ^
src/threadsafety.h:23:92: note: expanded from macro 'EXCLUSIVE_LOCK_FUNCTION'
#define EXCLUSIVE_LOCK_FUNCTION(...)    __attribute__ ((exclusive_lock_function(__VA_ARGS__)))
                                                                                           ^
In file included from src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:13:
In file included from src/init.h:8:
In file included from src/wallet.h:8:
In file included from src/walletdb.h:8:
In file included from src/db.h:8:
src/sync.h:67:19: error: expected expression
    void unlock() UNLOCK_FUNCTION()
                  ^
src/threadsafety.h:27:84: note: expanded from macro 'UNLOCK_FUNCTION'
#define UNLOCK_FUNCTION(...)            __attribute__ ((unlock_function(__VA_ARGS__)))
                                                                                   ^
2 errors generated.
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

i hope you can help me. I can pay up to 0.02 BTC for the information to get the qt-app running/ compiling without errors.

Kind regards
bitsta
First of all: Do you have the expressions after the name of the function? As in, just because the macros have "FUNCTION" in the name doesn't mean they are replacements for your function. You need to put in the actual expressions for the functions (within curly braces, but after __attribute__ provided). If you do, we can't really help without the source code.

EDIT: Also, I think its supposed to be __attribute__ ((unlock_function(...))) anyway. Also, if you are using GCC, I don't think it understands those attributes, you have to be using LLMV Clang as your compiler.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.