Need Project Ideas

Hey everyone,

I am new to this site but excited to finally become a member. I am nearing my major in computer science in college, and have learned a fair amount of C++ along the way. My question, now, is what should I use it for. Do you all have any suggestions for useful programs/projects I should undertake? I want the practice in writing the code... but just don't have any ideas for things I should make that might be useful.

Thanks,
Cam
I wrote a program to solve Sudoku puzzles a while ago and found that it used a surprising number of CS concepts. Familiarize yourself with the game and some strategies and then try to code it.
Think about your hobbies and needs, even you can think about people needs to make a useful program. If you make a program that can be used you will have more motivation.
maybe write a plugin for your favorite computer game?
Last edited on
cameronm,
I had the exact same problem when wanted to start with some "big" project for learning purposes, and for sure undertaking some real project on your own
will "exploit" all the bugs you potentialy have.

My first such project was roulette.
first I wrote in plain C++ as console application, and yes I was lost pretty much, it's not the same as writing simple test programs.

after that I reused the same code a year later to trasform it into GUI application. this one was even more hard to do. and belive me, but once you finish it you will feal realy good :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.