First Steps for Students

"Hello World",

I am in 3rd Semester(1st half of 2nd year) studying Applied Informatics.
I knew some C and C++ before studying, but other than console oriented programs and solving some problems on euler project I didn't do much.

I found lots of projects on github but they were complex, I would need some time to understand how it's built up and how to code to finish it , hence I didn't even ask the author about anything, I would be more of a "delay-person"
to the project, rather than bringing a lot of use.

Questions :
1.Should I search further to find simple ones or what should I do ?(I'm a "desperate" student because I want to have some experience as soon as possible because learning university material won't make my CV prettier.)

2.If I could ask about personal experience : How did you start ?

Thank You
Last edited on
It's hard to say, for me anyway. Since you aren't doing computer science, I don't know what level of detail would be appropriate for you. Do you have to take more classes that will involve programming? Will that be part of your future career? It's entirely possible that you'd be fine knowing a little about programming, computer architecture, databases, and networks.

My experience won't be much help: I have a kid who's your age! But since you asked, I started at about age 13 in the mid 70's when I first saw a programmable calculator. It blew me away and I've been programming ever since, 29 years professionally.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.