expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â before

ive got code the will compile in windows but not linux and i really don't know what is going on here my error shows:
DynCharStack.h:5: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â before âDynCharStackâ
DynCharStack is a class.

// Specification file for the DynIntStack class
#ifndef DYNCHARSTACK_H
#define DYNCHARSTACK_H

class DynCharStack
{
private:
   // Structure for stack nodes
   struct StackNode
   {
      char item;        // Value in the node
      StackNode *next;  // Pointer to the next node
   };

StackNode *top;      // Pointer to the stack top

public:
   // Constructor
   DynCharStack()
      {  top = NULL; }

// Destructor
   ~DynCharStack();

// Stack operations
   void push(char);
   void pop();
   bool isEmpty();
}; 
#endif 

any ideas?
let me know if ya'll need more of my code like what calls to it. and this is for a final due tomorrow so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks guys
Hmmm... this often happens when you include a header file and forgot to put a semi-colon at the end of something like a function declaration, like this:

stupid_header.h
#ifndef _STUPID_HEADER_H_
#define _STUPID_HEADER_H_
int add(int a, int b)
#endif 

main.cpp
#include <iostream>
#include "stupid_header.h"

int main(void) {
    std::cout << "Curses, I forgot the semicolon!\n";
}
ok...i looked all through my header and the only thing its declaring is the class DynCharStack, which doesn't really have any code before it except the
#ifndef DYNCHARSTACK_H
#define DYNCHARSTACK_H 

you know of any other possible issues that could cause this?
it will compile just fine in windows, so i figure its a linux or compiler thing?
using gcc
Well I've never had that problem with gcc or Linux. It wouldn't make sense for it to be a bug in either...

Are those special characters (â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â) really occuring? If so, that might mean you're saving the file with some weird encoding. Make sure the file is in ANSI.
That's happened to me on Unix; instead of "smart quotes" you get â's for whatever reason.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.