implement classic DoS flood attack

Hi guys and girls. Need a help in this classwork. Did not understand very much

In order to implement the classic DoS flood attack, the attacker must generate a sufficiently large volume of packets to exceed the capacity of the link to the target organization. Consider an attack using ICMP echo request (ping) packets that are 6500 bytes in size. How many of these packets per second must the attacker send to flood a target organization using 0.5Mbps link? How many per second if the attacker uses a 2-Mbps link? or a 10-Mbps link? Also include, what if the attack is done collaboratively using 10 PCs.

Write a simple code to illustrate the above.

Pls any help or guidance is welcome

thanks
What code do you have so far? We aren't going to do the work for you, but we are happy to give you help and point you in the right direction.
What about the calculation?

Give me some introductory knowledge on how network ping packets are measured in relation to the speed of a single link/interface, in C/C++ terms?

Thanks
Have you try to send something between two applications . Is there any basic code in your attempts ?
Some basic maths here bud:

PING packet: 6500b
Connection 1: 0.5 mbps = 512kbps = 524288bps

524288 / 6500 = 80.6596923077 = 81 Packets per second.

Now just do it for the other connections.

As for with the 10pc's working collectively. I imagine you would just divide the Packets per second by 10.

So:

81 packets per second from 1 computer == 8.1 packets per second for 10 computers.

Hope you understand it better now friend.

I really should go to university.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.