How to make the immigration from visual studio to develop on linux ?

For more than 10 years I writing code in C ++\C on Windows systems (using visual studio).

I need to develop some application on linux - using C++ language.

I do not know the Linux operating system.

I installation of Ubuntu 16.04 version and Eclipse IDE and all what i need to write a code in C++ on Eclipse.

I did not realize how complicated will be to immigrate from Visual studio to linux.

I can't do nothing here.
I don't understand how to do the basic thinks here.
Event the simple code is kind of crazy to write here.

I don't understand why i can't focus on writing the code (like on visual studio) and i need to focus also on how to compile the code and deal with all the 'not Important' issues.

1. Is there any IDE that i can work like i work on microsoft visual studio ?
2. Is there any good manual that teach how to compile on linux ( not just simple GCC ) ?
I installation of Ubuntu 16.04 version and Eclipse IDE and all what i need to write a code in C++ on Eclipse.

Did you install the C++ compiler?

Did you install all the necessary additions to enable compiling C++ programs using Eclipse?

I did not realize how complicated will be to immigrate from Visual studio to linux.

Do you realize that Visual Studio is an IDE and Linux is an operating system, two different animals?

IMO Eclipse can be a little tricky to install for compiling C/C++ programs. Have you considered another IDE? There are a great many IDE options available, for example Code::Blocks and Kdevelop to name but two. Use your favorite search engine to locate others if you wish. Also there is a lot of information available on how to properly configure Eclipse to work with C/C++.

> Is there any IDE that i can work like i work on microsoft visual studio ?

Visual C++ for Linux Development: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2016/03/30/visual-c-for-linux-development/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.