request for code review

Ladies and Gents,

I need help, and I mean help in a big way.

I've been working on my personal open source project for the past three years, and I've literally been going at it, alone.

In summary, it's a library that provides a framework for C++ programs, that facilitates much of what my employers needed over the span of my career.

Things like thread safe, persisted queues, logging, Nagios and Cacti considerations, standardised configurations, inter process communication, etc, etc.

The library makes heavy use of boost, IPC is done with boost::asio for instance.

It is in use by my current employer, their entire C++ code base is developed from it. For all intent and purpose, the library is functionally complete, tested and stable.

But as I've said, I've been doing this solo, and having been the only C++ developer in our offices, for at least the past 2 years, I'm more than convinced there are quite a few improvements that can be made.

I know you are all busy with life the universe and everything, but I really need the assistance of a few, to take a look at where I'm going with this, glance at the code, and tell me where they might have followed a different approach or have a better solution for the problem at hand.

You can find the code, and a bit of documentation on github:

https://github.com/TheLastCylon/kisscpp

Fell free to contact me should you be willing and interested. Any assistance in this, would be greatly appreciated.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.