Configuring and Installing in Linux

Pages: 12
[Edit: It is likely A line like below in the script that is causing the error (I noticed two like this in your output from grep). Does this file exist in that path? - you answer that yes it exists, which was a just strange. I'd need to see the whole config file to help track down the issue.]

if test -f /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libpcsclite.pc -a "x$PKG_CONFIG" != x ; then
{ $as_echo "$as_me:${as_lineno-$LINENO}: WARNING: libpcsclite not found by pkg-config" >&5

Install the dev version because I'm hoping it will put the requested file into that path and the config script will then run.
Last edited on
On my machine, which I mention is a fedora so it may be different than yours, I found /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libpcsclite.pc to be where the file is, so the script would give me the same error.

Do you know how to run find?
$find / -iname libpcsclite.pc <-- ignore the Permission Denied errors.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to create a symbolic link from a lib64 file to a lib location,
https://kb.iu.edu/d/abbe
Last edited on
Thanks, it will take me a while to read all of your posts. I am running Fatdog64, and to be honest, I can normally download just about any source code, build it with ./boostrap and/or ./configure, make, and make install, and I'm up and running.

As you say, there might be something missing.

I'll take the next hour to read all of your posts - I hadn't hit refresh so you can take a rest from this while I read everything and I'll answer back each question. I need a 10 minute break - then I'll get back to it.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Wait! Don't make a symbolic link.

You need to install the 32 bit version, not the 64 bit. That's why it's in the wrong folder.

Sorry, It took me a while to remember that detail about the discrepancy between the paths.

It's OK to have the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine, and in the case of the script it is a requirement.

I'm not sure if you can/should have both a 64 version and a 32 version installed at the same time... I'm looking into that right now.
Last edited on
The one where you start with "This is the line in the script ... in that path?

That directory you mention DOES contain the exact file you mention.
The file libpcsclite.pc is in the directory /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/

Strange, isn't it? After my break, I need to start digging into this. I just need 10 minutes away.

Contents of the file:
prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include/PCSC
usbdropdir=/usr/local/lib/pcsc/drivers
serialconfdir=/usr/local/etc/reader.conf.d

Name: PCSC Lite
Description: PC/SC smart card interface
Version: 1.8.14
Libs: -L${libdir} -lpcsclite
Libs.private:
Cflags: -I${includedir} -pthread
Last edited on
IT DOES EXIST??? This is the weirdest.
And you showed output from dmesg that showed the card reader....

No, you have me stumped.
Edit: This part here:
prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include/PCSC
from your libpcsclit.pc file. It's pointing to a library in "/usr/local/lib/include/PCSC" do you see files like these below there.

libpcsclite.so  libpcsclite.so.1  libpcsclite.so.1.0.0  libpcscspy.so  libpcscspy.so.0  libpcscspy.so.0.0.0

I'm making too many guesses. I've never used fatdog.
At this point you might return to github and raise a question on there.
Last edited on
I will try to answer your latest post but first I am starting with what you gave me - the gemalto. On my operating system, we don't have things like get and sudo but I can try to do something in parallel that will accomplish the same thing. First, we need to make sure that I have libusb. Then I will edit the prefix stuff and exec_prefix stuff once I understand what it should say.
Firstly, there is no include under /usr/local/lib.
Those files you mention are in usr/local/lib, not in /usr/local/lib/include/PCSC

The files' names are:

libpcsclite.la, ..., libpcsclite.so, libpcsclite.so.1, libpcsclite.so.1.0.1, ..., yes, and the ..spy.0 and ..spy.0.0.0 ones too.
YOU know what - I wonder if there is a 32 vs. 64 bit issue here. I'm on a 64-bit machine.

Wait a minute - you said something about pointing to the include - I need to check that.

My fault - YES THERE IS a /usr/local/include/PCSC the files are:
debuglog.h
ifdhandler.h
ls.out
pcsclite.h
reader.h
winscard.h
wintypes.h

Please ignore ls.out - it was just to get a list of the files.
Last edited on
I will try to understand your 10:04AM post - that seems to be something that I really need to understand, then some minor edit of it perhaps. perhaps my distro is just not privvy to some aspect of it.

This is the line in the script that is causing the error. Does this file exist in that path?
if test -f /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libpcsclite.pc -a "x$PKG_CONFIG" != x ; then
{ $as_echo "$as_me:${as_lineno-$LINENO}: WARNING: libpcsclite not found by pkg-config" >&5
Last edited on
At this point your installation of libpcsc looks to be what the scripts are expecting to find. My brain is fried.

I think there is an issue between the original config script and access permissions from fatdog, but that's still a guess.

It's probably time to raise a question at the github site that you found this program at if you are comfortable doing so.
Last edited on
Gemalto:
1. I need to get the libusb since there is not one in usr/lib.
Keep at it, that sounds promising.

I have to go, but I want to suggest you try to find a chat site. It's kind of a long-shot that you'll find someone with experience with this exact issue, but the conversations might be less confused if you can get someone to answer...
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/149158/
Last edited on
I'm not afraid to ask question but I think it's best to just focus on that if script you gave me - I need to break it down into pieces and see when it fails. which part of it makes it fail? I need to struggle a little before asking a question - there might just be some little change I can make.
Ok, see you, thanks for your time.

I just made a list of files with usb in them, and I have it, but perhaps not in the expected directory. They are in usr/lib64. I've never liked the idea of a lib64 vs. lib32.

/aufs/devsave/Downloads/TstLibToolVersion/pcsc-lite-1.8.14/src/hotplug_libusb.c
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSCLITE/pcsc-lite-1.8.14/src/.deps/pcscd-hotplug_libusb.Po
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSCLITE/pcsc-lite-1.8.14/src/hotplug_libusb.c
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSCLITE/pcsc-lite-1.8.14/src/pcscd-hotplug_libusb.o
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSCLITE/pcsc-lite-1.8.20/src/.deps/pcscd-hotplug_libusb.Po
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSCLITE/pcsc-lite-1.8.20/src/hotplug_libusb.c
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSCLITE/PCSC-master/src/hotplug_libusb.c
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSCMaster/src/hotplug_libusb.c
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSC/src/.deps/pcscd-hotplug_libusb.Po
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSC/src/hotplug_libusb.c
/aufs/devsave/Prj/PCSC/src/pcscd-hotplug_libusb.o
/opt/Qt5.6.2/5.6/Src/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/build/linux/unbundle/libusb.gyp
/opt/Qt5.6.2/5.6/Src/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libusb/libusb.gyp
/opt/Qt5.6.2/5.6/Src/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libusb/src/libusb/libusb.h
/opt/Qt5.6.2/5.6/Src/qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/libusb/src/libusb/libusbi.h
/usr/include/libusb-1.0
/usr/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h
/usr/lib64/libusb-0.1.so.4
/usr/lib64/libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
/usr/lib64/libusb-1.0.la
/usr/lib64/libusb-1.0.so
/usr/lib64/libusb-1.0.so.0
/usr/lib64/libusb-1.0.so.0.1.0
/usr/lib64/libusb.la
/usr/lib64/libusbredirhost.a
/usr/lib64/libusbredirhost.la
/usr/lib64/libusbredirparser.a
/usr/lib64/libusbredirparser.la
/usr/lib64/libusb.so
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libusb-1.0.pc
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libusb.pc
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libusbredirhost.pc
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libusbredirparser-0.5.pc
/usr/share/doc/libmtp-1.1.9/html/libusb-glue_8h.html
/usr/share/doc/libmtp-1.1.9/html/libusb-glue_8h_source.html
/usr/src/pkgbuild/pkg/libusb-1.0.18-x86_64-1
/usr/src/pkgbuild/pkg/libusb-compat-0.1.5-x86_64-1
/usr/src/pkgbuild/pkg/libusbredir-0.7-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages/libusb-1.0.18-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages/libusb-compat-0.1.5-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages/libusbredir-0.7-x86_64-1
This is just for my own book-keeping.
Step 0. Verify that I have autotools - autoconf/automake. Yes.
Step 1. Install libusb. Done, libusb is in usr/local/lib. Outputs are saved for inspection.
I'd recommend to learn a lot about linux before you start to develop for it as things can get really complicate sometimes. Errors might occur and you have to stay focused and detect them. Then you will have to fix them. If it's getting too hard for you there programs for it you can always use, such as checkmarx and a lot others. Just make sure you work slow and careful.
Good luck!
Ben.
It turns out, that I don't need to rush on the smart-card interfaces/APIs. I have one that works fine. I simply used the Winscard stuff. But I actually am only doing this more or less as something extra. My real project is on Linux and it's going very well. I bought a new reader, and IBM and it can do what I want it to do. I will get back to the smartcard builds - most are already fixed. Just some bad luck with some projects that didn't work out. I can work around it when I resume the smartcard work. That can wait a month.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12