Saving C++ Program For Mac?

Hi, I use a windows computer. What I'm trying to do is write a program on here and save it so it can be used on a Mac. I've looked around, I couldn't find anything useful, at least nothing I could understand. The configuration types on C++ is .exe / lib/ dll / utitlity(?). I don't really use Macs and am pretty clueless in this topic. I don't need to compile or code on the Mac. All I need is for this code (Mac compatible) to be saved as something that can run on a Mac rather than as an executable. Thanks!
If you create an app on Windows and compile it it will run only on Windows.
If you want to run it on a Mac you need to copy your .h and .cpp files to the Mac and compile it again - it will work only if you use only standard C++ and nothing Window specific.

If you want to run programs on other platforms without recompiling you can use Java
I see, thanks Thomas1965. I thought there might be a more convenient way, but I suppose not. Perhaps I will just use Java for this. Thanks again!
Cross-compiling from Windows to Mac OS is probably possible, but I can't find any straightforward method from searching. It is easier to cross-compiler from Linux to Mac OS. You could use Java, but you could also explore getting a Virtual Machine, such as VirtualBox or VMWare, find and install a Mac OS X image, and set up a C++ compiler environment on there.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
There are Windows emulators for Mac that theoretically allow for running even Windows specific programs on a Mac.

http://www.macping.com/top-10-windows-emulator-for-mac-that-will-allow-convenient-access-of-windows-applications-on-your-mac/

The best and most reliable way is what others have said, compile source code for each OS.
Thanks guys for the new responses. In my particular situation, it would easiest to do it on Java. Thanks again everyone!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.