Errors while running .exe files

Hello,

I've been having trouble understanding the error messages that appear when I run this .exe file like so:

./ExampleFile.exe

Then I receive these types of errors:

Warning in <TFile::Append>: Replacing existing TH1: CSIEt (Potential memory leak).

Warning in <TGraphAsymmErrors::Divide>: Number of graph points is different than histogram bins - 59 points have been skipped
ERROR in TPostScript::Open: Cannot open file:RootPlot/CSIEt_3Pi0.eps
Error in <TPostScript::Text>: Cannot open temporary file: RootPlot/CSIEt_3Pi0.eps_tmp_738

The .exe file is written in C++11 and it compiled perfectly in the g++ compiler for Ubuntu 16.04. I am using the ROOT_6 class libraries inside the code for those who are familiar with the ROOT framework.

Mainly I just want to know what do these errors mean so I can see how can I solve them.

Thank you to all in advance for any help offered.
These look like warnings and errors from inside the program, advising you that things are going wrong.

You should be able to find those log messages in the code and see what you're doing wrong to trigger them.
side note: .exe's are mostly a windows thing. they do nothing on linux/unix/bsd, unless you have a specific application that is looking for .exe files (and even then I would expect it to be referring to windows EXEs, not linux executables). On non-windows platforms, it's pretty common to not give executables an extension at all.
unix has permission things. That is, even if the file and folder are really there, it may not have permission to access them, which looks to your program as if the file is not there (the errors are similar unless you specifically tried to trap an access violation which few do on file opens).
so I would check to see if the offending files are actually there, and if they are, check the permissions or if its just your home pc do a chmod 777 on everything in question and see if that clears it up. I see this all the time @ work where ppl create stuff and forget to set the permissions and something blows up over it.

Ive seen unix users put .exe on programs. I kind of like using extensions to see what things are and do that myself, but its not really 'the unix way'. the unix way is to show the permissions on the file or list by permissions to find the program. The guy that hid extensions in windows is on my 'list' of people I would like to 'talk' to (you can fix it if its YOUR machine, but so many locked up machines with the settings blocked have this on by default... grrr).
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.