Sorry not to be really Linux..

Sorry not to be really Linux but I found noone answers this at any eminent forum

Will git merge of pull requests be consistently in the request time order even if the earlier is still being reviewed while the later was done on it? Is there a right/possibility to merge PR differently in that order?
Last edited on
Pull requests are merged manually by humans with write access to the repository in whatever order they want.
Why would you care in what order PRs are merged?
r u really sure ?!

other later PR is for the same file in spite of it's much less importance
so how if it's merged first should the earlier sync it again first or adapt to this new branch, then PR again... what a pesking doing by one to another !
r u really sure ?!
I'm absolutely, completely sure. Nobody would set up an automated system to accept contributions into their repository from random people from anywhere in the world without human oversight. Would you blindfold yourself in a public place with your mouth open and a sign reading "put things in my mouth"? I suspect not.

other later PR is for the same file in spite of it's much less importance
Maintainers will consider different factors to decide whether to merge now or later. Is the PR important (the maintainer's idea of "important" may differ from yours)? Does the PR require a lot of effort to review? Does the PR need a bit more work from the submitter? Is the PR simply unacceptable?

so how if it's merged first should the earlier sync it again first or adapt to this new branch, then PR again... what a pesking doing by one to another !
Such is the nature of collaborative work. If you don't like it, you're free to fork the repository and merge other people's PRs in whatever order you want.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.