socket programing...

how to set the protocol, encoding, authentication rulem private key, certificate, peers,
http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/html/singlepage/bgnet.html

Seems to be the recommended reading for socket programming.
That's a whole lot of questions about different things.

Clearly you want to know about secure web authentication ... why not just ask about that?
@BHXSpecter,

Not sure how I've never ran into this article before but it's awesome. I'm just reading it for fun right now!
ResidentBiscuit wrote:
Not sure how I've never ran into this article before but it's awesome. I'm just reading it for fun right now!

That was the first site I was directed to when I asked about socket programming and what I saw recommended every time the topic came up. Though, I have yet to read it or even do socket programming though.
The guy who wrote this definitely knows how to write an interesting article. It's pretty funny, and gives a nice quick description of networks in general (even though he uses the 7 layer stack for some reason I've yet to find out). Though I've gotta say actually working at this low of a level is quite the pain lol
Yeah, low level stuff does require a lot of work at times, but that is my issue with some of the high level alternatives (think ENET is one such networking alternative). The high level alternatives abstract it so much that you don't really get to understand what is going on, which while I know I'm not confident in my abilities, is why I love programming (the gritty side of learning the languages before you start using high level libraries that abstract everything and do most the work for you).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.