UNIX/Linux Programming - April 2012

What is the problem?

Can someone tell me what is the problem? What I want to do is to jump from signalhandler into signalhandler but just doesnt seem to work: int A, B; int ...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry, the sighandler is not supposed to return int is should be void.... (by galileo)
Library for Serial GMS Modem

Hi Is there any library for send "sms" in c via serial GSM modem? Thanks in advance
[no replies]
by ajaind
fwrite, fread and snprintf compile errors in linux

I'm getting compile errors on ubuntu when compiling the following code unsigned char* pBytes = new unsigned char ; //code to fill pBytes with random character...
[2 replies] Last: Updated post. The fwrite, fread code builds fine on Windows. (by ajaind)
How can I get my program to compile on Unix?

I am working on a school project in C++ and am using our schools unix server to write it as instructed by the professor. I am using vim and g++ to compile. Thi...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you thank you thank you! Sorry about the poor formatting, thanks... (by demisheep)
by fafner
Linker error from a distant planet

Basically, I have this header: #include "ast.h" static ASTExpression *parse_numeric_expression(void); static ASTExpression *parse_parenthesis_expression(v...
[2 replies] Last: It is not an error but a warning. It tells that you never called that ... (by ne555)
iostream header include string header?

#include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { string a; while(cin>>a) cout<<a<<endl; return 0; } I have not included ...
[4 replies] Last: thank all very much (by keepinmind)
by RJB 65
RS232 Settings

I am migrating one of my Win 32 apps to a Kubuntu server. The Windows app uses the following comm port settings: DTREnable = TRUE EOFEnable = TRUE Handshak...
[no replies]
How to automate login and download from website?

Hi all, My C++ program needs to send a username and password to a website, then search for a file in that website and also download it. (Instead of manually...
[2 replies] Last: thanks.. your tip was very useful! ravindra (by rsdivekar)
Parameterised structure constructor

struct buf { int a; buf(){ cout<<"in stuct default\n"; a = 3; } buf(int x) { a = x; cout<<"in stuct parameterizd\n"; } }; cl...
[2 replies] Last: The C++11 syntax is buf o1=5; or buf o1{5}; , but you need a recent... (by Athar)
opencv stereo calibration

Hi, i'm trying to calibrate two cameras that are frontal to each other, but i'm not succeeding...is it possible to do something like this? i'm using a transp...
[no replies]
structure construtctor

struct buf { int a; buf(){ cout<<"in stuct default\n"; a = 3; } buf(int x) { a = x; cout<<"in stuct parameterizd\n"; } }; in...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply, i just got confused with Java style of invoking... (by muralicplus)
by Bouya
Bind & Connect

hi Can any one explain to me what's really the role of bind and connect after creating a socket ?
[1 reply] : In the context of the BSD Sockets API, bind preserves a port and attac... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
ACE vs Boost vs Qt ?

which one is good for developing portable and robust network app? need guru's advices . :]
[6 replies] Last: kbw, I'm unfamiliar with ACE. What can it do that Boost cannot? (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Some insight about c++ source in a linux system

Hi all, I'm teaching C++. Now I'm talking about new type definition by a programmer using typedef keyword. As long as my pupils are used to the type size_t (fo...
[4 replies] Last: Well, you don't really need to go digging through the headers to satis... (by cire)
header file not recognize

I have a code having several .cpp and header file... The code was working perfectly and 2 days before while compiling its giving an error that header file is no...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Athar, I also thought the same. Could you please help me to kn... (by yogesh114)
compiling help with gtkmm

I'm trying to learn gtkmm. I tried the tutorial on their website which looks like this: #include <gtkmm.h> int main(int argc, char *argv ) { Glib::R...
[3 replies] Last: i'm also facing same problem, the reason i found was no Gtk::Applicati... (by spskhokhar)
by navdiv
function for square root of matrix

I want to calculate the square root of a 2x2 matrix using C++. But not able to find the function for it in C++.. please help asap! Cheers, nav
[1 reply] : There is none, at least not without using additional libraries. So you... (by Athar)
Reason for segfault in C program?

hi everyone im working on a program so far and I've gotten the dreaded segmentation fault which I always seem to get. I've run gdb and backtraced it to fgets in...
[7 replies] Last: line is an uninitialized pointer which is pointing to some random loca... (by Athar)
Closing file-descriptors inside a destructor

Hello everyone, In my Client-Server program, I am creating a class which opens and uses several file descriptors for reading/writing to ports. In the class d...
[2 replies] Last: Understood. Thanks :-) (by NewProgrammer)
What GUI toolkit for my multi-threaded console app on Linux?

Hello, I have a multi-threaded command line application written in C++ on Ubuntu that downloads data from a remote server over tcp sockets in one thread (recei...
[no replies]
April 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [mar2012] [may2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.