UNIX/Linux Programming - August 2012

by wr0124
how to save file to the newly created directer ?

hi, I have on code, but I don't know how to improve it. To make the result.txt in the newly created directer ? The code are following : #include<iostream>...
[4 replies] Last: thanks. yes, you are right,,, it had been solved... #include <u... (by wr0124)
Best C++ Compiler

Hi! I am installing Ubuntu alongside Windows so I can develop Linux apps. I just wanted to ask which is the BEST IDE for Linux. Thanks! Shahmeer
[13 replies] Last: In my experience with Code::Blocks, it's wonderful on Windows. However... (by SWATLLAMA)
by ritka
strcasestr returns wrong pointer

hey all, i've got a problem with the strcasestr function from string.h. here is how i use it: char *tmpcp; tmpcp = strcasestr(buffer, "Content-Length:"); ...
[6 replies] Last: i understand, thanks! problem is solved :) (by ritka)
Libmpdclient

Hello, I'am writing an Programm using libmpdclient. I know how to check for errors and which errors are there, but does the error "MPD_ERROR_OOM" (out of memo...
[4 replies] Last: Good idea din't think about that until now. :-) (by Dominik Thalhammer)
by raine
have a question in c & asm mixed programming

now I'm trying call the subroutine writen by GNU asm in .C file.To do this, I just want to understand some way to pass the parameter. the .c file follows tha...
[10 replies] Last: i don' know wether gcc can compile asembler. i think you should use th... (by ritka)
Problem using signal() and kill()!

Hi guys, I'm new on c++ programming and I'm learning how the signal between processes work. (Btw didn't know if I was supposed to post on the beginners foru...
[8 replies] Last: _ A method works on an instance of the class. That means that you need... (by ne555)
Accessing Array of objects

Hi guys I'm having a little problem in my code, but I don't know how to solve it. I have a class called Myclass. This class have a public var, called Tag,...
[7 replies] Last: std::vector<foo> array; array.reserve(n); array.push_back( foo(params... (by ne555)
X11 showing / hiding windows

Hi, I'm trying to show / hide X11 windows. I can already grab each window's id (Window object), but when I do XUnmapWindow() nothing happens. I also took a ...
[1 reply] : There is a program wmctrl [http://sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/] that d... (by Miven)
by vivmen
C++ on IBM AIX

Hi all during an interview a person told me that IBM AIX is written in c and it do not support any advance c++ features like templates rtti etc. it is hard ...
[7 replies] Last: Here where I work, we have installed and use the GNU C/C++ compiler as... (by kooth)
Compiling VBA-SDL-H

Hello. I've been compiling and installing dependencies all day today but still can't get this to make.. Please, please tell me what it is I'm doing wrong.. I'...
[2 replies] Last: http://ubuntuliving.blogspot.com/2007/03/visual-boy-advance.html i fou... (by Aramil of Elixia)
SQL Injection using C/C++

I dont have any idea from making a HTTP request using C. All i want to learn is how to make SQL request using C. I will just online use it for educational purpo...
[2 replies] Last: There are many SQL libraries out there (by ResidentBiscuit)
by jlmcdo
n00b completely stumped...

I am trying to get back into C++, after a LONG stint away.. In doing so I am starting with a project to get a bbs software up and running again. I have b...
[3 replies] Last: Have you ever had an issue with a UI InputBox before? It looks like th... (by Volatile Pulse)
Context switching time on Unix.Linux

how can i write a C program which measures the speed of a context switch on a UNIX/Linux system..? any help please... thank you in advance..
[no replies]
Steps and reference needed to be a network security expert

Hello all, i have been coding since last two years, but always my dream aim was being a network security expert. As i am ready to go to next step, i need...
[5 replies] Last: Yes. The second edition came out late last year. (by Moschops)
Curses library - begginer's question

Hello. I wanted to ask few things about Curses library, I decided that my topic will fit here best. I've recently started working on Curses library. I want ...
[1 reply] : I think you should put wrefresh(okno); between line 37-38. I don't t... (by Peter87)
by macla
how to sort the large size file content

Hi, I have 2 GB file with 10 million lines. Is anyway to sort the file content without loading the full file content into memory
[7 replies] Last: It's not a program, it's a data file. (by kbw)
Basic unix script to count files of various permissions

I have a project due in a few hours to count how many files and subdirectories are in a directory and to count the number of readable, writable, and executable ...
[1 reply] : I would use ls -AlR to get the files with attributes. You can use ... (by kbw)
smtp send mail with C in linux

hi I wanna send an email to another body.but smtp server sends me some errors that i can't understand why it sends these errors! plaese help me here is my ...
[3 replies] Last: gmail DOES NOT use port 25 and the connection MUST BE ssl encrypted, A... (by modoran)
need help from experienced php web masters

I figured that since php is built from c it can be put here. So anyways, I'm running a local mamp server. I have the start of index.php and i want to make a for...
[1 reply] : You don't pass the input to a specific function, you pass it to a whol... (by closed account j2NvC542)
Trouble reading data from server

Hi guys, i am currently having trouble reading multiple values from a server. This is a client/server program. User is supposed to key in the country name in ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for your help! I solved it, it was due to the placement of the ... (by CLearner88)
August 2012 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.