UNIX/Linux Programming - August 2014

pthreads newby issues

Hi, I have run this example, and I'm not getting the expected result. #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #define it 2 pthread_t thr...
[5 replies] Last: Hi, That is a nice thread. I have a question, where is the mutex bein... (by jared181)
Project Idea that integrates C++ and Embedded Linux

Hi, I got an embedded Linux BeagleBone Black and would like to do a project that combines C++ and Embedded Linux. I google'd many times that combination b...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, Thank you very much. LCD sounds nice. I even got a Graphic LCD I... (by jared181)
linking to iostream

I'm working on a small openGl program (just a test actually), and need to use standard output (cout) to debug my program. I included iostream (#include <iostrea...
[8 replies] Last: I was responding at LB claim of using g++ for C code > Gcc is good a... (by ne555)
Output of popen returns garbage

I am calling 'find' from popen and the string returned contains garbage at the end. Any ideas on how to fix it? I am trying to compare output of find to a know...
[3 replies] Last: Well that's odd: I never saw garbage from popen. Have you tried diffe... (by koothkeeper)
by geng07
Display a line from text file (1,2,3)

Display a line from text file , my problem is i cant display the lines which only contains the specific date from my main, I appreciate your comments , thankyo...
[51 replies] Last: [quote=geng07] const auto date { /*foo(line2)*/ }; // #3 if (c <= date... (by keskiverto)
by geng07
Display first 10 lines of a textfile which contains a specific string

I need to display the first ten lines in this text file from date start which is 2014-08-01 to 2014-08-10 2014-08-01 06:13:14,Name,4.5,CustomUnit,CustomType ...
[4 replies] Last: @dhayden: The sample input is not sorted by timestamps; the 2014-08-01... (by keskiverto)
by ne555
Using bash-completion

You can use readline() to get completion on filenames. However, I would want to complete commands, program options and files associated with the program (by ...
[no replies]
by geng07
How to filter data from tex file

Requirements in filtering the text file. OVERWHELMED TO ACCEPT SUGGESTIONS. THANKYOU :) 1. first my professor required me NOT to change the MAIN function(bec...
[1 reply] : Please, do not double-post. The first thread should be enough: http://... (by keskiverto)
by mfouad
Building berkelium for Odroid U3

Hello everybody, I'm trying to build berkelium for ubuntu 13.10 but it is very complicated One of the problems that I want to build it for ARM 7 (odroid U3) ...
[no replies]
by liviy
Problem compiling older code on newer OS/Versions

Hi, First time posting on here so please forgive me if I miss some requirements or accidental break some rules while posting. I have a background in progr...
[16 replies] Last: Please don't hijack a thread. It's must easier for everyone if you st... (by kbw)
Question to XCode Users

Do you know a way to make Xcode execute the application in an actual terminal window instead of its simulator? I need to do this because the ncurses library wil...
[1 reply] : I don't use Xcode, but most IDEs have a tickbox somewhere in their set... (by LB)
the best compiler for c++ in ubuntu

i've just installed ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop.but i don't know the best compiler for c++. any suggestions???? ... also,if there's a link,please give it to me...
[9 replies] Last: Guessing it either came with a book or something. Shouldn't be too har... (by BHX)
From PI to Server

Earlier today I thought two things: A) I need a server, and B) What can I do with my raspberry PI's? I think you get what I thought. I would like someone to poi...
[5 replies] Last: Also, is it possible for me to code it in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 o... (by kbw)
Erasing specific value in a map of vector

Hi there, Given a map datatype: map<unsigned int, vector<string> > *nodeDataItem How can i delete specific data elements in the vector mapped to the key? Usua...
[5 replies] Last: Do not use operator with map unless you are sure that the key exists;... (by keskiverto)
by geng07
Text file Filtering

Hi ! I have updated my code already but i still have unfinished requirements 1. first my professor required me NOT to change the MAIN function(because he mad...
[1 reply] : Please, do not doublepost. The first thread should be enugh: http://ww... (by keskiverto)
Linux Linker

Not so experienced with linking in linux. I've installed the lua baseline with $ curl -R -O http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.2.3.tar.gz $ tar zxf lua-5.2.3.tar....
[6 replies] Last: With linux you have pkg-config: On my computer: $ pkg-config --list... (by Lowest0ne)
setup server in linux step-by-step

Hello. I am doing ISIT 105 communications and network in my class. Please tell me how do I set up a linux server and can upload my websites? I am running ubuntu...
[1 reply] : That isn't really a C++ related question. https://www.google.co.uk/we... (by kbw)
by sever
Generic pointer to a generic class method

Hi guys, When something like as follows is written, void (ClassA::* method_pointer)(); it's possible to assign all kind of methods from ClassA that retur...
[3 replies] Last: FWIW, you don't have to reinvent the wheel here. C++11 offers the std... (by Disch)
by RyanV
Error Messages When Compiling

I've been trying to compile the following program: Server.h #ifndef SERVER_H #define SERVER_H #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unis...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/140198/ (by ne555)
How do I set up a clear screen function

void clear() { //code } And what library should I include? Please not the spamming spaces method , I want to clear the console properly, thx
[3 replies] Last: Preferably neither, and you got it wrong anyway (you forgot it takes a... (by TwilightSpectre)
August 2014 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2014] [sep2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.