UNIX/Linux Programming - August 2015

-std=c++11 or -std=c++98

To compile with some new c++ features i have to add -std=c++11 or -std=c++0x to the compile command, like: g++ -std=c++0x. As it seems the gnu compiler for my s...
[3 replies] Last: What is the default? Try man gcc and search the description of the o... (by keskiverto)
What does getline do?

I am wrinting just part of the code int main() { std::vector<std::vector<double>> v; std::ifstream in( "pizd.dat" ); std::string record; ...
[2 replies] Last: The description of std::getline is in the reference documentation: htt... (by keskiverto)
Switched to ArchLinux, code wont compile

I took the huge step from my Win8 OS to ArchLinux. Everything is wonderful except my file (which is in c) wont compile. I get: a.c:1:21: fatal error: iostrea...
[5 replies] Last: It's all good. The snippet works perfectly. I got a little confused be... (by RealGiganitris)
by sr123
linux

can anyone suggest how should i start learning for linux?
[9 replies] Last: few days of sitting in console and wondering why nothing's working T... (by keskiverto)
ifstream addressing file

Hi dear friends, I run my program under gcc compiler in ubuntu. It issues error: Assertion `appFile.is_open()' failed. Some part of my code is: vo...
[2 replies] Last: Verify that Folder+"/App.inf" exists on the file system. app ->na... (by kbw)
by helios
Uninitialized files

I was just doing some research for a project and came across SetFileValidData() on Windows, which can be used to nearly instantly allocate a huge file containin...
[2 replies] Last: Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if there's a function like tha... (by dhayden)
How do I use C++ to interact with other applications?

I know my post is going to be vague, and that is a lot to do with me posting something in this forum for the first time. I am no expert in C++. I'm practising w...
[3 replies] Last: See http://beej.us/guide/bgipc/output/html/multipage/index.html (by kbw)
by nmmm
Database server development

I am developing a database server similar to Cassandra. Development were started in C, but things became very complicated without classes. I made test por...
[2 replies] Last: You have to careful with casts. In C, it's necessary to cast all the ... (by kbw)
Generate python code out of C++

I would like to know if anyone of you knows about a library which is able to generate python code. Would that maybe be possible with boost.python? If there i...
[7 replies] Last: Do you want to convert C++ code to the equivalent Python code? I don... (by Peter87)
OpenLDAP how bind to AD?

Hello! Please show a working example of C ++ as a blood pressure log on the server using OpenLDAP library. On the Internet, obsolete items ... As I unders...
[no replies]
How to read the system UUID in C++

Hi, I know that we can use "dmidecode -t system | grep "UUID"" in terminal to get the UUID of system in Ubuntu, but how to read the same system UUID through C++...
[1 reply] : The dmidecode has GPL licence and thus its source code must be publicl... (by keskiverto)
getopt_long() function does not return ':' for missing in command line arguments

I am wondering why getopt_long() in the following code does not return ':' for missing values for the current defined options in my program. Also, when I would ...
[7 replies] Last: It does work, there is no argument missing. ./a.out -k -s 3 //the ar... (by ne555)
vector subscipts

I have a vector of floats std::vector<std::vector<float>> items { { 0.1, 2.1, 1.1, 3.1},{ 1.2, 2.0, 0.2, 0.4 } }; I want to change this code: unsigned in...
[6 replies] Last: So, you have N logical points, with x-coordinates in vector v and y-co... (by keskiverto)
I need help asap

i have this assignment to submit tonight by 4 am, and i have been working on it for the past days, only have 6 weeks to learn ebverything prof is bad aand her n...
[3 replies] Last: Each record can be stored into one of the following arrays depending ... (by Gamer2015)
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.