UNIX/Linux Programming - August 2016

Recommended Linux GUI toolkit?

I've previously been writing with QT but only because it's cross-platform. It's really neat and fancy, but the website that hosts it makes finding resources, li...
[6 replies] Last: RealGiganitris: There is also WxWidgets (by orangepeel367)
TAB to SPACE conversion

I use gedit and although it has a setting to convert tabs to spaces, it doesn't work. At times I might have 4 levels of nesting and TABS of 8 just doesn't look ...
[2 replies] Last: I did get it to work. Little did I realize it doesn't work well on ex... (by TightCoderEx)
by mogha
libCurl

hi I am trying to download a file that is more than 2GB size using libcurl.But this file is not getting downloaded and following message is coming. libcur...
[5 replies] Last: You made the assumption that the OP is using NTFS, and erroneously dis... (by kevinkjt2000)
Programming Help/Understanding

10 #include <sys/wait.h> 11 #include <sys/types.h> 12 #include <signal.h> 13 #include <unistd.h> 14 #include <stdio.h> 15 #include <stdlib.h> 16 #i...
[no replies]
terminal not taking any input

Just running some code through the terminal and compiling it. No errors when I compile, but I try pressing y and Y, to see what I get for output, and nothing ha...
[2 replies] Last: oh wow! I was totally over thinking that.. Thanks! (by closed account i8bjz8AR)
How to make the immigration from visual studio to develop on linux ?

For more than 10 years I writing code in C ++\C on Windows systems (using visual studio). I need to develop some application on linux - using C++ language. ...
[2 replies] Last: > Is there any IDE that i can work like i work on microsoft visual stu... (by JLBorges)
Permission denied

Hello, I am having an issue running a program I just compiled. I am compiling it in a directory on my data drive formatted as ext4 set chmod a+rwx. g++ compile...
[6 replies] Last: Glad you got it figured out! (by koothkeeper)
libssh cancel a command

Has anyone played around with libssh? I'm using it to create a little blender 3d rendering farm between all my old computers to boost my rendering time. Anywa...
[no replies]
copy to clipboard

how do i copy "hello world" to clipboard and how do i print it out?
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/14349/ *EDIT* I realized that... (by vasilenko93)
  Archived months: [jul2016] [sep2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.