UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2012

The difference between Linux and Windows

I've seen some "Linux" code and then compared them with "Windows". Looked quickly they are "the same". Is there any difference between C ++ Linux and Windows p...
[2 replies] Last: Anything from #include <windows.h> won't work on Linux. Anything from... (by Stewbond)
compiler with c++0x

So i guess you have to use the argument to use c++0x libraries? must be enabled with the -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x compiler options i think the newest ...
[2 replies] Last: These decisions are entirely up to the compiler maintainers. Visual St... (by Cubbi)
by Owain
New to Linux

Hey. I only recently began using Linux - and I was wondering if anybody could give me the name of a good API or library which can move the mouse, simulate mouse...
[2 replies] Last: I want something that is able to simulate mouse actions and keyboard a... (by Owain)
dead lock?

Am I using the mutex correctly? It stops my thread //============================================================================ // Name : drawdown...
[2 replies] Last: I love you so much (by LuckyIsDog)
about array

hello everyone can someone help me about array plsss i really need help right now using one-dimensional array. create a program that will count the number of...
[8 replies] Last: near to finish (by closed account 4y79216C)
what to put into a makefile

If you have a multiple cpp files, h files, and even subdirectories, how do you make the makefile. What do you put in it?
[1 reply] : Any makefile tutorial will tell you what you can put in it. (by Athar)
Help! Posix Thread

Hi, i am writing this program to get myself started with posix thread. I am expecting the program to output: in main thread: i = 0 in child thread: i = 0 (m...
[4 replies] Last: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <pthread.h> void* thr... (by drew887)
Error

HI I got an error. Please if someone can help me for this. I will be really thankful to you. Compilation errors found: In file included from zosa.h:27, ...
[2 replies] Last: That file should be in the compiler .. as by default. like openmpi. (by khawar85)
weird symbol in output?

http://i.imgur.com/evXlA.png Can anyone tell me what this is?
[1 reply] : The program is printing a character that can't be shown by the console... (by Peter87)
Unable to seteuid() in dansguardian

I have configured the dansguardian in cygwin proxy server but i'am getting error when i run the dansguardian.exe from console like that "Unable to seteuid() " ...
[no replies]
read current directory in linux

hello how to stream next directory or folder in linux ? for example : if direct /home/member/ exist then get all of next directory >/home/member/ user1 /d...
[5 replies] Last: how to get the boost header ? Install the boost development package ... (by Cubbi)
Can I use poll() when pollfd is a vector instead of array?

Is it okay for me to use poll() with a pollfd vector?
[3 replies] Last: poll_sockets is an empty vector upon initialization. I should've used ... (by LuckyIsDog)
creating a Thread

I am writing a program in ubuntu in which a thread is to be created. A snippet from the code is as follows: --------------------------------------------------...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/unices/87391/#msg468917 [quote=man] -pt... (by ne555)
undefined reference to `sc_dt::sc_deprecated_sc_bit()'

I try to compile a simple program which contains sc_bit declaration in SystemC. However, I got the following error: undefined reference to `sc_dt::sc_deprec...
[1 reply] : That's a linker issue. You need to link against the appropriate librar... (by ne555)
Aptitude broke :(

~$ aptitude aptitude: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_iostreams.so.1.46.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Pretty...
[3 replies] Last: The error is self explanatory. Please reinstall Boost using apt-get in... (by modoran)
socket programing...

how to set the protocol, encoding, authentication rulem private key, certificate, peers,
[6 replies] Last: Yeah, low level stuff does require a lot of work at times, but that is... (by BHX)
by dovip
i got problem

I am using on Fedora 17. However, I have been struggling for 5 hours. [root@localhost ~]# sealert WARNING: Policy would be downgraded from version 27 to 26....
[2 replies] Last: Don't worry about warnings. If it's an error, worry about that. (by ResidentBiscuit)
having more than 1024 fds in a FD_SET?

How can I accomplish this? FD_SETSIZE is 1024, so that means I cannot have more than 1024 file descriptors in an FD_SET. I am building a server that needs to ha...
[5 replies] Last: Experienced programmers don't use select() to monitor large sets of fi... (by Cubbi)
by ojima
Pointer list doesn't seem to fill.

Hello there, I am currently making a sort of roguelike game, but there is an annoying error in the current dungeon generator. This is the code: From "G...
[5 replies] Last: Can you get your code back to something similar (change to sensible va... (by TheIdeasMan)
Anti debug (detect strace PTRACE_TRACEME) for a simple c++ program

Hi! I am having some troubles with PTRACE_TRACEME. #include <sys/ptrace.h> #include <sys/types.h> if (ptrace(PTRACE_TRACEME, 0, 0, 0) < 0) { printf("be...
[1 reply] : I can "strip" down the code to somehing like this. And comment "in/out... (by sxxxe83)
December 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.