UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2013 (Page 2)

Question may be about gsl-1.7

Dear all, I am novice to programming in Unix so my question may be trivial. Thanks for your attention! I am trying to run a program in Unix. The program ...
[no replies]
Having a hard time with semaphores

I am trying to write a really simple program that uses semaphores between a parent and child process. I create a semaphore, I fork the process, and then I have ...
[1 reply] : you reset your nsops to 1 and never go back to 2, so on the second ite... (by Cubbi)
Reading pipe from child process only works once

Hey cplusplus community! I'm not really experienced with unix programming and encountered a bug I can't track down when working with pipes. What I want to d...
[no replies]
opening a binary file into hexadecimal

Hey, I have some data encoded in binary little endian format. I would like to convert it to hexadecimal format, as can be done by unix with the command hexdu...
[1 reply] : Just read the byte(s) from the file, and print them as hex: uint8_t... (by Disch)
by mqazi
opendir segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<errno.h> #include<dirent.h> #include<unistd.h> int makargv(const char*, const char*, cha...
[7 replies] Last: nop, it worked now .. there was an error in opendir .. thanks (by mqazi)
Question here .

How would you communicate “The System is coming down tomorrow at 6.00 in the evening for periodic maintenance” to all users? i just want to get any o...
[4 replies] Last: @duoas. thanks you. i get it and i tested it (by Linux user)
Umm... Whats a bootstrap?

On the ogre website for the ogre library with c++ with linux, theres this line where they say you need to make this file "bootstrap" executeble. I understand th...
[1 reply] : That is a shell script. It seems that the author refers to it as "boo... (by keskiverto)
art of exploitation example help

Hello all, I am starting with the book "Hacking, The art of Exploitation" and in the first example vuln.c there is a simple overflow attack (see below). Howe...
[1 reply] : i don't have a lot of time to look at it because im busy, but my guess... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Seg Fault in Code::Blocks but not from command line

I'm new to code::blocks. I have a simple project, only two source files, a header and a bitmap. I never told code::blocks what to do, just let it put in its def...
[2 replies] Last: Maybe I'm dense, but if your code compiles, I don't think the issue is... (by Lowest0ne)
December 2013 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.