UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2014

Linux

Hi Everyone, I am an IT professional and want to boost up my carrier my favorite subject is C/C++ and Linux and want to do certification in Linux and ...
[1 reply] : Certifications are not really worth much when things are constantly ch... (by ShodanHo)
g++ gcc error

I get the following error when every trying to compile anything with g++ g++ Testing.cpp -o t -std=c++11 -v Code: int mian() { return 0; } Using bui...
[3 replies] Last: As suggested, try other compiles: g++ -c Testing.cpp -o Testing.o -v ... (by ShodanHo)
Cannot link pthread

Hello, I have been trying to follow a online tutorial for C++ pthread and I cannot seem to get pthread to link with cmake and clang. I have been tried four dif...
[3 replies] Last: I got it fixed it by changing: find_package(Boost 1.56 COMPONENTS fi... (by arortell)
Compatibility between 32 and 64-bit

Hi, I am working under FreeBSD 9.2 64-bit using G++ 4.8. I succeed compiling some codes made for 32-bit on this machine, but it's not working properly. The co...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not sure what you mean by compatibility issues . You have to ens... (by kbw)
Best way to master linux

Do i do CS degree or IT degree to master linux/unix ?
[17 replies] Last: I regret this. Glad to hear. (by mutexe)
Meaning of * in bash

Hello, What is the meaning of code? the use of * and the "tree" seem unclear to me. ls for i in * do if [ -d "$i" ] then (cd "$i";tree) fi done th...
[4 replies] Last: thank you (by oleg9419)
Read and write blocks of SD card from userspace

Hello All, I'm trying to access a SD card using low level read/write functions (without file system, cache, etc...). I have a custom SD card that can be l...
[1 reply] : Hello all, I get working WRITE and READ commands directly to the SD us... (by jcsistemas2001)
Open Office automation using c++

Any one help me to automate open office using c++. I am using centos, g++ compiler and appache open office. I need to automate the open office using c++ like ...
[no replies]
Providing arguments using standard input and error

I am trying to write a program which invokes a custom command to add two numbers. The addition function reads from standard input stream 0, input stream 3 and ...
[2 replies] Last: prints out gibberish You should convert an int value into a charac... (by tcs)
by Sh0es
Exit Code 126 in Code::Blocks

I'm using Code::Blocks (latest) and Fedora 20. My code compiles fine, but when I go to run or debug it, I get "exit code 126." Funny thing is, I can't even run ...
[1 reply] : I don't know what the problem is and I don't have much experience with... (by Peter87)
Android Programming in C?

Hi all! ( I think this is the right forum for this, Android is a linux distro isnt it? ) I have been enjoying the procedural language of plain C for quite...
[1 reply] : Pretty much every cross-platform mobile game engine uses the NDK. You ... (by Avilius)
by Sh0es
Permission Error, Exit Code 126

So I try to debug my program in Code::Blocks (Fedora 20 btw), and every time I get the error "permission denied." That's all it says, nothing else. What could I...
[1 reply] : Where is your project located? (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Adding a permanent path in Linux Mint

Wanted to add PATH=$PATH:/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx but don't know how. Any help? I've tried making a ~/.bashrc file but no luck. Any help?
[10 replies] Last: Thank you norm b, that worked :). Thanks to keskiverto for all his he... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
addwstr function in ncurses

I using function addwstr; of ncurses , and I import many #include like this #include <ncurses.h> #include <ncursesw/ncurses.h> #include <wchar.h> but it's...
[1 reply] : Is this the only error message you got? (by Peter87)
Compiling program

Hello! Here is my program, does not compile: #include <iostream> #include <bitset> #include <cstdlib> using std::cin; using std::cout; using...
[19 replies] Last: The above version is incomplete though. It`s not what it should be. I ... (by pacman169)
Standard i/o

Does Unix/Linux or OS create a temporary file when I, for example want to display a message such as printf("%c", var); or cout<<"CS"<<endl; cout or printf cal...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by csstudent123)
TCP/IP !

Why not make an article about it ?????????????? I personally believe that theres people who would like to know or to help eath other ..
[3 replies] Last: http://www.linuxhowtos.org/C_C++/socket.htm (by megatron 0)
can't make glew

hi, i cloned glew from git in ubuntu when i use make in glew directory i get this: make: *** No rule to make target `src/glew.c', needed by `tmp/linux/defau...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, weird, there wasn't such thing in my readme 0_0 (by kam hagh)
overloading operator+ as addition and using concatenation

hello, I am creating an overloaded function that returns item containing the parts of two complex numbers. Originally, the function would add the two...
[3 replies] Last: Peter87, could you tell me more about std::ostringstream? (by Arkl1ne5)
Programming in Linux

Hello, everyone so I am behind in my C++ class and have to type a program in linux which I don't really know what to do. I was wondering if anyone could break i...
[3 replies] Last: What is it that you're having trouble with? The overloading? The setup... (by Arkl1ne5)
December 2014 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.