UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2017

by vin758
Linker errors

Hello, I would like to get your thoughts on the following linker errors I am getting for the code segment reproduced below. The code was compiled using the...
[2 replies] Last: This message tells you that the linker tries to find the file libaudio... (by sm2345110)
problem with time_t

not quite sure how to use time_t void Start::on_pushButton_clicked() { time_t = time; if(time == 1930){ cout << "Cleaning is beginning!" <...
[4 replies] Last: next issue is how do i call a push button from start.cpp in main.cpp t... (by cspires1993)
using valgrind client requests in tests

Hi everyone! I just discovered the Valgrind client requests, and I would like to use them in my tests (gtest) to check my code for leaks or invalid memory re...
[no replies]
Can anyone recommend a good library that allows me to send emails using my gmail account?

I've been looking for a while and I can't seem to find anything that would just simply allow my program to send an email using my gmail account.
[2 replies] Last: Got it working. Good stuff. (by JohnDeBord)
Fork, Setsid, and updating packages

Hi I need to install a linux package (yocto/bitbake) .ipk, from inside my program. if ( fork() == 0 ) { setsid(); if ( fork() == 0 ) { exec...
[7 replies] Last: No. Running the script is not the issue. Detaching the script so it l... (by kbw)
Simple socket smtp client

I want to build a simple smtp client. Here is what I have so far. I'm stuck at AUTH LOGIN - where I'm getting 500 5.5.1 Invalid command It works from the comm...
[1 reply] : https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321#section-4.2 In particular, the 22... (by kbw)
Threads - problem

Hi, I've run into a wall while working on a pretty basic C program that uses threads. I've already written a very similar one using basically the same method, ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, thanks for the help. I've changed the code according to your feedb... (by Hydraulik2K12)
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.