UNIX/Linux Programming - February 2014

UDP DNS lookup

Hello, I'm having a little bit of trouble with my client program. It is suppose to take an address of a name server to query from and the name of the site to c...
[4 replies] Last: The function takes in the domain name without any "." or "\0" in it. ... (by crimsonzero2)
GCC-specific casting warnings

I have a class containing this: class MyClass { void* m_value; int m_type; public: template <typename T> T GetVal(T p_default) { if (!m_value) ...
[1 reply] : Isn't the problem caused by returning a value rather than a ref? It y... (by kbw)
by kony
help with OMP

Hi there, I need help with the following problem: Multiplication of a matrix by a vector: Ap = q. This may sound trivial but in my case it is not simply because...
[no replies]
MultiThreading I/0 under linux.

Hello, Can I write many files from many threads simultaneously?( one file - one thread ) using std::ofstream. Is using many instances of ofstreams( for diff...
[3 replies] Last: It is safe to read and write to one instance of a type even if anot... (by kbw)
Editor?

hi, i want a grey background editor ! and also if it has sublime's look/features it would be great ! its awesome ! but important part is grey background ! Edit...
[7 replies] Last: :o awesome ! thanks so much! btw its banned here trying to download i... (by kam hagh)
Reference to a class is ambiguous XCode

So I'm building a program with a class. As i reference anything in it i get the error that the reference is ambiguous. Anyone know why? hash.cpp #include <...
[1 reply] : Ypu need to post the exact error. (by kbw)
How to get start from windows c++ to Linux c++

Hello, Hope you all are doing fine. This is my first query on this form. I have been working on windows c++ from last 7 years. Now I have one requirement to...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks alot ... GL... I am having the 4th edition of this book. What ... (by vishalkukreja)
by vlaryk
Very large binary files compiled by gcc

Hello to everibody! I have a big problem compiling from source apps for Linux. Let us take for example Squid3. I downloaded tarball, configured and compiled ...
[4 replies] Last: Often stripping is done on all executables in /bin /sbin /usr/bin and ... (by ShodanHo)
Explain the output please

Hello. Could some nice soul please explain for me the output of the instruction: system("top -n1 | grep \"Cpu(s)\""); ? Thanks in advance EDIT: The code outpu...
[4 replies] Last: @naraku9333 Thanks for the correction. I was lazy enough not to try ou... (by abhishekm71)
C++ on Linux

I have been learning the Old C++ standard in my school. I knew of the new C++11 standard but didn't start learn it until now. But I can't get any of ...
[7 replies] Last: Firstof all, get yourself a modern compiler. GCC 4.8's g++ is a good c... (by cseder)
Segmentation Fault

I'm working on an ascii game, and I'm not far into it (at all) and the following code compiles with g++ just fine. #include <iostream> using namespace std;...
[2 replies] Last: Ahh, that makes more sense. Thanks for the reply. (by closed account EhqpDjzh)
dynamic 2D array creation error

Hello. What's wrong with this code snippet? int **lBucket; lBucket = new int* ;//iWorldSize is the nummber of processors for(i=...
[2 replies] Last: The code snippet appears correct to me. But why not go the simpler way... (by Catfish666)
g++ compiler for terminal mac

Before, I was able to compile on my terminal via g++. I tried installing a new compiler such as mp-gcc47. Now when I try to compile, it gives me errors such as ...
[4 replies] Last: Install the Xcode command line tools too. If you have latest Xcode the... (by codewalker)
Write a C++ program that asks for the URL of a PDF file, downloads it, and displays it with xpdf

Write a program named hw3pr3.cpp which asks the user for the URL of a PDF file, checks that the URL starts with "http://" and ends with "pdf" or "PDF", downl...
[1 reply] : That is your homework. Where is your question? (by keskiverto)
by Syntax
C or C++ on mac

i just install Xcode and i want to make app for apple but i not sure what i should start with c++ or C so i can learn c object programming?i hope some one can ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks i start with C book then.Thanks for the help:) (by Syntax)
by Chubby
Bus error (core dumped)

why my mode is pointer???? when it an array xcode run it! #include <iostream> #include <ctime> //ctime was used for NULL and Time. void read_array(int , i...
[6 replies] Last: Can anyone show me how to fix so it not a pointer? No, you can not ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
LED on a simple breadboard and interfacing it with intel atom processor with linux

I have got a LED on a simple breadboard and I want to interface it with intel atom processor which is installed with LINUX. So, how should I go with it ? May...
[1 reply] : How does the breadboard connect to the intel atom processor? This deta... (by ShodanHo)
Code:Blocks with SDL

Does anyone here know how to setup or where to find a good tutorial on how to use SDL with Code:Blocks? I have it set up on my computer and it works just fine w...
[2 replies] Last: Hello, I'd just like to tell you that SDL 1.2 is now old. You should ... (by Avilius)
Doubly Linked List class- Insert

Hi, I'm having some seg faults when I try to implement an Insert function with a doubly linked list class. This is what I have so far: template <class T> ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/112111/ ¿what's the differen... (by ne555)
by bob610
ftruncate was not declared in this scope

I am make a program for a raspberry pi running Arch Linux. I need to set the size of a shared memory file. So I use ftruncate. But when I compile it, I get 'ftr...
[2 replies] Last: I just tried that and it is there, then I realized that the error was ... (by bob610)
February 2014 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.