UNIX/Linux Programming - February 2015

Boost Error

Hello there, I get the following error with Boost: g++ Testing.cpp -o t -std=c++11 /tmp/ccxR1gXL.o: In function `boost::multiprecision::backends::gmp_int:...
[2 replies] Last: I did install the GMP Library I believe but I'll go with cpp_int for n... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Pasting in the command thing

Hello. I am using Linux Ubuntu ( I think it's the newest version). I need to paste large amount of stuff in the command thing( when you run a c++ code (press F...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, There are a bunch of tricks, one can do in xterm and in any shell... (by TheIdeasMan)
I need some help on my wavefront object loader.

For some reason or another, I can't seem to get all of the memory leaks out. It just says, memory corruption after I get everything compiled/built, then run. h...
[no replies]
Managing shared objects

Hi, I am writing a C++ application that is split up into several shared objects. It seems the Linux convention is to prepend 'lib' to the name of the library (...
[5 replies] Last: It's best if you project is organised as: MyCoolProj MainProg ... (by kbw)
sourcefile won't compile getting errors

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; struct Date { int month; int day; int year; }; struct Em...
[4 replies] Last: There is no error in your code I compiled it on my machine and it work... (by easycppcoder)
by Assai
Ubuntu Code::Blocks Problem: Program does not run.

Hello, I've got a quite similar problem to this: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/67933/ When I try to run a program it always returns an error: ...
[2 replies] Last: You were right: I now changed the option for that partition from user ... (by Assai)
Head assignment stuck

Hello, I am almost done with my assignment but I am having trouble figuring out how to fix a test that I am trying to put my program through. I am trying to tes...
[1 reply] : Topic duplicated in http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/156487/ F... (by LB)
Diving deeper into Linux. Books

Hi, right now im working through Bjarne Stroustup's : "Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ (2nd Edition)" so yea im a begginer. But the things im loo...
[1 reply] : Embedded FreeBSD Cookbook (or something like that) (by kbw)
System call program error

Hi, I am trying to write my own version of the "ls" command which lists hidden files I would very much appreciate it. #include <iostream> #include <sys/typ...
[6 replies] Last: Hi, I fixed it ehhe. So i added another argument besides the -h. Now i... (by venom1699)
Socket send only on close

Hey guys, I am pretty new to c++, but I am trying to program a two way socket connection (one for sending acts as a client and one for receiving acts as a se...
[2 replies] Last: Oh sending with \n worked, thank you very much, I forgot the line term... (by merlin111)
how to decode frame pointer using gdb

Dear Friends, Please some one could help to decode frame pointer. for example I have "Frame Pointer=0x49380C50, Program Counter=0x2F68FA2C" ...
[1 reply] : The frame pointer marks a region on top of the process stack used for ... (by tcs)
by dkaip
Problem with readdir

Hello. Trying to catch all dirs and files in Ubuntu catalog, with non ascii character codes i have problem in read dir... const char* PATH; vector<dirent*>...
[1 reply] : can you show us your code? (by Little Bobby Tables)
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.