UNIX/Linux Programming - February 2017

cp command

let say i have a file ~blah/Assignmnets/hello/754-0.txt i need to copy the 754-0.txt file into the directory ~/yup/hello "this is just an example" could someo...
[3 replies] Last: ~user/ is user 's home directory, no matter who's logged in, but ~... (by mbozzi)
how to write binary file without deleting its previous contents

I am writing a binary file like this: const int sized = 300000000ULL; int ad ; ... ad = some value; ... FILE* pFile; pFile = fopen("o...
[2 replies] Last: Open for append. Also, with something that large, you may want to con... (by kbw)
request for code review

Ladies and Gents, I need help, and I mean help in a big way. I've been working on my personal open source project for the past three years, and I've liter...
[no replies]
by gh0099
wanna measuring please help!

Hello, I want to measure the time my function use to execute. I was trying to use time() and clock() from time.h but it only return it in seconds. How can I mea...
[11 replies] Last: its useless in the vast majority of coding, you are not wrong. Ill a... (by jonnin)
by zxcvbn
Starting out PIC Programming

I've been looking into doing some PIC Programming, but unlike some of the other microcontrollers available the sheer number of different chips available has cau...
[1 reply] : Something easy to start out with is Arduino. There's an official IDE a... (by helios)
by siery
Unexpected behavior of ncurses printw()

Hej! I write a simple program using ncurses (that's the first time I use it), which should read the pressed key and print out the ASCII key code. First my loop...
[4 replies] Last: I see I was because of this code: attron(A_ALTCHARSET); printw("a")... (by siery)
Compile Errors in Programming Assignment

I'm stuck on an assignment. For some reason, I keep getting compile errors. The project I'm working on will ask a user for information about their budget and di...
[10 replies] Last: you can do it many ways. There is no conflicting info, it comes down ... (by jonnin)
Question on the use of Eigen::MatrixXf to form an array

As we know that in c++, the Eigen::MatrixXf can be used to define a Matrix with the dimension of (3*3), but if I want define an array (named a) which is compose...
[3 replies] Last: Presumably you are referring to the Eigen template library, the online... (by Plover)
How to place multiple project in one list view in Xcode?

Dear friends, I am a beginner. I have used Python in Eclipse. One nice thing I like is that I can quickly view and access different main scripts in one ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. Yes, I noticed Eclipse can and I installed the plug-in and ... (by landlord2017)
with question about grep

the command to enter the count of the number of emacs processes by all user when i enter ps -Af | grep emacs | grep ssh | wc it give me 0 im kinda los...
[5 replies] Last: What gives a hint? I don't think that neither ps nor grep should writ... (by keskiverto)
These small errors are driving me crazy

I am compiling with unix and getting these Errors: http://imgur.com/a/QYVUJ I can not find out how to fix these, I've tried a few good ways #include <sys/t...
[1 reply] : First off, please don't double-post. I know this is a bit of a gray ar... (by newbieg)
Intel Floating Point Math Library - Usage?

Is the Intel floating-point math library being used in the industry? Has it been generally accepted? Is it being used to represent prices in financial systems? ...
[9 replies] Last: 2011 is a bit old for paid-for tools that may or may not be supported ... (by jonnin)
access large text file with index

How can i read large text file containing numbers with its index without first reading the hole datas? Is their any other method where i can directly save the d...
[9 replies] Last: OK, I'm jumping on the mmap bandwagon, especially if your data is not ... (by newbieg)
Book recommendation

What would be a good book that teaches linux programming? I was thinking about "The Linux Programming Interface" by Michael Kerrisk, is it good, should I get it...
[4 replies] Last: Golden Lizard I read the wiki for the book you mention, It looks like ... (by newbieg)
Makefile Help

Hi guys. I have three files. One of them is Fraction.h which has the class. Fraction.cpp has the methods,constructors etc. And FractionTester just for testing. ...
[12 replies] Last: I ran my makefile with your filenames. It generated the right stuff. ... (by kbw)
IDE -> Command Line

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows a simple linux command line c++ comiler. Something like NANO but for c++... Thanks! *NOTE* Nano supports c++ high...
[8 replies] Last: If you have some experience with bash scripts, even just the minimal o... (by newbieg)
write char* converted from void * in stringstream

i am trying to first convert void* which conatained publish data into char * and then i am trying to put it in stringstream .The whole scenario is run in diffre...
[1 reply] : If you "know" it points to a char array, use static_cast. (by kbw)
Free-ing pointers returned from shared libraries compiled with different compiler

Hi, I am new to C++ and UNIX programming! I have a question. Is it safe for me to free a pointer returned by a library compiled using a different compiler? I...
[3 replies] Last: Is it safe for me to free a pointer returned by a library compiled us... (by kbw)
  Archived months: [jan2017] [mar2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.