UNIX/Linux Programming - January 2013 (Page 2)

BSD Sockets documentation?

Is there somewhere online that has a listing of the functions and structs for BSD sockets API? I've been looking around and can't really find anything.
[10 replies] Last: I might pick up one of these books, they both look solid. Though the R... (by ResidentBiscuit)
convert c++ to machine code?

For a class assignment I'm supposed to note differences / similarities between a simple c++ program and its corresponding machine code. From what I understand m...
[6 replies] Last: Alright I see the ridiculousness of my title now. =) How do I view the... (by estex198)
Nslookup

I have a file of hostnames (several hundred) that need to be checked against a DNS server to verify that they're valid, should I use a resolver library for this...
[4 replies] Last: I haven't ever used BSD sockets, I'm only slightly familiar with the A... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Thread programming

Making a thread program which takes segments of an array then processes them with a computation in multiple threads. Will be testing between 1-8. The array is o...
[3 replies] Last: No error messages. But like said in my EDIT2: If I have 2 threads and ... (by acesouthall)
Thread Local Storage

Hi, I am trying to write a program that holds a particular unique value to each thread and ability to access this unique value at any time. I have been usi...
[1 reply] : http://codepad.org/8ABE1psM - Much more readable. Use tags please. ... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
A good library for replacing GLUT on a Mac?

I hope I am in the right board, I assumed this is where OS x questions would go seeing as it is a Unix based OS. I am on xcode using C++, and many Glut features...
[1 reply] : SDL, SFML, GLFW, and many engines provide much more feature and better... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by zylime
C++ Networking - Funky responses

Hey, I'm pretty deep into my first UNIX networking project, but I am lacking some fundamentals still... I send a command and read the response. What would...
[1 reply] : send and read don't ensure that you actually read/send the entire mess... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Empty field read in my CSVread function

This is my CSV read function in c++. vector<vector<string> > CSVRead(string fname,char const row_delim, char const field_delim) { ifstream input(fname...
[no replies]
shell in c++

Hi for everyone from Poland. At a begin sorry about my poor english because this is not my native language. (As you can see. :P) I have a small issue with...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. Now I see difference. (by poliocertes)
custom memoery manager

hi I am writing my memory manager.I want to allocate single chunk of memory with different size to 2d dymensional arrays from memory pool.I know how to overloa...
[7 replies] Last: I mean that arrays of pointers to rows are not 2D arrays to begin with... (by Cubbi)
January 2013 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.