UNIX/Linux Programming - January 2014

How to start kernel programming with unix/linux

Please help me suggesting the notes I should study for learning kernel programming. Please links associated to the topic.
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the nice forum. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing suc... (by javedjuss)
OpenAL issues

I'm trying to integrate OpenAL into my application to play some wave files. This is where I'm stuck: #include <AL/al.h> #include <AL/alc.h> #include <iostr...
[5 replies] Last: Perfect! Thanks. I went through the "related" packages. This solved... (by Stewbond)
by mifum
inheritance not recognised pcl 1.7 Ubuntu 12.04 with CodeBlocks

Hi all, I tried to compile this code http://www.pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/planar_segmentation.php on my machine using CodeBlock. The problem is t...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry, I don't understand. Could you be more clear? Thanks (by mifum)
by bitsta
[BOUNTY] Error when compiling QT-application

Hi, i keep getting 2 errors when i try to make an qt-app on OSX. after running "qmake bitcoint-qt.pro" and "make -f Makefile" i get this output: src/syn...
[1 reply] : First of all: Do you have the expressions after the name of the functi... (by TwilightSpectre)
Any c++ linux library for AES?

Is there any good Linux library for AES? One that could decrypt and encrypt with a password? Thanks.
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! Thats exactly the kind of thing I wanted! (by jsbrowndog2013)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

void goster(int x,int y){ string yilan ; for(int a=0;a<=20;a++){ yilan ="a"; } for(int k=1;k<=19;k++){ for(int l=0;l<=20;l++){ if(l==0 || l==20){ yila...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, you are right (by Legend33)
by Frey
strcpy array element to string?

Hello everyone, The code below is supposed to split an IPv4 address into 4 segments, {"192","168","1","1"}, and concatenate it together again with the last val...
[1 reply] : Problem is that strcpy and strcat works only on strings (null terminat... (by Peter87)
getche() on linux

I can use getche() function on windows borland but I cant use getche() on linux.İs there any alternative this functions on linux?? Please help I look all inter...
[6 replies] Last: These codes working %100. Thank you a lot :D (by Legend33)
How to "make" Linux OS

I know how to program in C++ and my next goal is to make my own Operating System. Can anyone tell me where and how can I learn to make it?
[3 replies] Last: People become software developers first before they even develop oper... (by Cody0023)
Makefile questions

Trying makefiles for the first time (used to VS). I have a few questions: 1. All files (src, include [for entry points], bin and intermediate) are in the sam...
[5 replies] Last: That link actually really helped. I've got it working now with proper... (by Stewbond)
how to download unix? (1,2)

Please tell me where can I download UNIX , as I am new to open source programming. Or , any other software for unix kernel programming . Please answer with ...
[21 replies] Last: Nobun, So The Open Group have certified that OS X is compliant with... (by closed account yv46URfi)
More than two column sort in 2d vector c++

I have written code for a sort on a 2D vector depends on two columns. For example, If this is the data of 2D column banana bike 2 | apple car 1 | orange cycle...
[1 reply] : if (lhs == rhs ) { return lhs < rhs ; } else { ... (by keskiverto)
String Input Validation

Good day! May I know please how can i check or validate if my String input is an integer or a floating point number? Thank you so much in advance!
[13 replies] Last: > Shouldn't it be if( !std::isspace( str ) ) > you are checking tha... (by JLBorges)
Terminal commands?

So i was using the terminal and ffmpeg to record my desktop, slightly peeved i had to close the terminal to stop recording. I would like to write a program to d...
[1 reply] : Please visit the following address: http://mocha.freeshell.org/audio.... (by condor)
by mehr
memxor.h:29:30: error: expected â;â, â,â or â)â before âdestâ

dear all, I have the error above : memxor.h:29:30: error: expected â;â, â,â or â)â before âdestâ while compiling the code below in gcc: #ifndef ME...
[2 replies] Last: 'restrict' is a keyword introduced in C99* ( http://en.wikipedia.org/w... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
by xubin
access NIC serial number

Hi all I'm trying to access cards informations e.g. NIC's serial numbers. Ho can I read these informations pragmatically? I'm using FreeBSD as OS and C/C++ as ...
[3 replies] Last: const char * result = 0; if ( 0 == pci_get_vpd_readonly( dev, "XY", &... (by keskiverto)
Problem with generation of casual numbers

Hi, I have a project with five clients that must to generate casual numbers between 0 and 19 and then send them to server. Problem is that in every execution t...
[2 replies] Last: Exactly! I try to use process identifier to generate different values.... (by JacopoP85)
Print preview API

Hello. I need an library that make easy the work of "print preview" document on "non GUI system" - Show an document and manage on screen with mouse or keyboa...
[no replies]
develop critical software for linux target

hi everyone. i'm new to linux. i'm going to develop a critical software that gets data through lan and show it graphically. after searching i decided to use ...
[10 replies] Last: I do something similar with real-time processing on RTAI linux and VXW... (by Stewbond)
How to use clang

I read about clang in the lounge last night and I figured I would try it out, I'm on a Linux (Fedora) and I did 'yum install clang'. It seems like it installed ...
[5 replies] Last: meh... i dont rtfm too much. its a bad habit. i also dont use clang to... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
January 2014 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.